Go Pitbull Forums banner

Help PLEASE!!!!!

7K views 74 replies 19 participants last post by  aimee235 
#1 ·
Hi guys... im new here and I have a serious problem. My 14 week old UKC blue pit female was stolen from me about 2 days ago. She returned home the next night at about 2AM crying and yelping. When i found her someone had cropped her ears at home... They did a terrible job and the skin and fur on the back side of the ear is gone. the bleeding has completely stopped and I am keeping them cleaned and free from infection but I need some information on how to speed up the healing process and if there is anything i can give her for the pain. I have tried taking her to the vet but I dont currently have a job and money is tight. My vet is a dick and wont let me work out a payment plan. Any help would be appriciated.... I can post pictures if needed. Please help me... any help is much appriciated. You can also call me 24/7 on my cell at 1-850-209-4071 dont worry about waking me up because its worth it for me to save my girl. THANKS GUYS AND GALS!

#3 ·
I know how it goes with money being tight but you probably need to get her to a vet ASAP to ward off infection. She probably needs a shot of antibiotics as well as oral antibiotics on top of that due to the crop likely being done with unsanitary tools.

Your poor baby, I wish there was something else I could tell you. Do you have a line of credit or any family members or friends who would be willing to spot you the money?

Reactions: MY MIKADO
#12 ·
What do you mean you just dont know how I do it? are you trying to insinuate that I did this to my pup? because if thats the case you have this ALL WRONG sir.... I WOULD NEVER do this to ANY animal. This is cruelity beyond cruel... I am trying my BEST to help this dog. And as far as an animal shelter... there isnt one in my town... i live in a town of about 3,000 people... our animal control is taken care of by the sheriff and all they are going to do is put the dog to sleep... She is not to that point... She can pull through this I know for a fact she can but I am asking for some help so that I can help her. So please don't go thinking I have done this to my dog because that is ubsurd!

#7 ·
hey guys thanks for all the quick replies... as far as giving the pup up... thats my last resort... I have no family members who will help me and i have checked all vets and animal hospitals around the area and in a 75 mile radius. This is my baby and I dont want to see her die but at the same time i can't bare the thought of giving her away. I paid $600 for the dog and all my vets around here are dicks... none will do payments and none will do pro bono work either....

#8 ·
vets arent dicks. they just dont want to lend any more credit out becasue too many people dont pay it back.
if your not at your last resort now then im going to feel worse than i already do for your dog. if you love the pup then get him the medical attention it needs, dont be selfish.

#10 ·
guys please dont think of me as being selfish... mabey i didnt clarify very well... I have given her a shot of penicillin and taped her ears... she eats and drinks but is still really lathargic. What I am asking for is some helping info on things like what i need to get her for antibiotics to take by mouth and a tutorial on posting and taping as i am not one that preffers the cropped ears... i have 3 pit bulls... 2 red nose 1 blue and my other two have natural ears which is my preference. I also need to know what I can and can't give her for pain... thanks again guys!

#14 ·
there is nothing really wierd about it. I live in a small neighborhood with a few of the cliche thug wanna be hispanics (please nobody be offended but im talking about the kind that you see in the movie Next Friday). And I'm pretty sure one of them did this to her but i have no proof as I didnt see her but can we please get off the subject of who did this and who didn't my concern is the aftercare now not punishing who did it. That will come once the pup is safe...

#15 · (Edited)
well if your not gonna take the dog in you need to un tape the ears and spray the with gensin violet and make sure the ear isn't nifected. and if its not infected don't be giving your pup antibiotics. take your dogs temp and make sure it is normal 102. if it gets high or low you need to take it into a emergengy vet and sign your life away if you have too.
i always leave my dogs wounds to heal open air just keep them clean. if you have lidocane gel or some thing like that around with cocoa butter instead of menthol you could apply it around the wounds lightly but not directly in them th relieve the pain.
dude do some research online you can find eanough to tell you what to do.treat it like any other large wound. And just a side note the animals systems will be alot better than you at fixing its problems.

IT NEEDS A VET!!!

#20 ·
hey look dude read my post above! I can afford the normal every day checkup and medications and stuff but this is a major emergency kinda thing!!!! thats makes the bill alot higher!! ENOUGH SAID! Stop roaming around threads trying to find someone to rag on and instead try to help someone not make them feel worse than they already do!

#33 ·
Marty i know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!! and i do not think anyone should own a dog if they arent prepared or willing to spen so much money on a vet visit! if your not willing to break your wallet to take care of amn animal dont even bother taking care of one! no they are not like kids in every way...BUUUT like kids if a medical emergency comes up and you dont have cash you cant just sit around on your a** in the meantime!!! this is a living thing, it can feel pain!! and it can get sick or get infected and in my eyes it is abuse not to properly take care of it like you would a sick child!

#22 ·
Some of you don't know this but, I had to have two emergency surgeries on my dogs this past spring. They also happened only about two weeks apart from each other. The bill total OVER $15,000.00 + , which I didn't have and had to find a way to charge it to pay for it. Both issues were unrelated & happened over the weekend with regular vets closed so I had no choice but to use the emergency vet. Well, now I have bills out the wazooo. Yet, still it wasn't enough to save Starlit...I had to give her peace because I couldn't put her through a second surgery right after the first one when she had developed complications.

So although I sympathize when people are struggling, I can't understand not getting the care or even relinquishing ownership to someone or an organization that can help.

I'm not picking on you by any means. I know things can be overwhelming. However, you need to get the pup help. AC can and will charge people with neglect for withholding proper vet care.

I would suggest going to or calling ever single vet and rescue in your area until someone is willing to help you. Many vets will even do charity care. You just have to do the leg work. Puppies can go downhill very quickly! I personally wouldn't wait this out.

I hope the pup is better soon.

For people who don't have an extra emergency credit card on hand get one or make an account. Don't think that just having a few bucks saved is going to cut it if something big and unexpected pops up. Know the # and location of the emergency vets around you just in case you ever need to call on them which hopefully you will not...

Reactions: MY MIKADO
#23 ·
I dont get it...so the dog got stolen..and then it found its way back home? Or did the thugs after butchering the dog return it to where they stole it? Weird!
Poor pup! He really needs to get to the vet or to a rescue group that can help him. Any other would be cruelity IMO, and no better than the person who did this to begin with. I really hope this dosent scare this pup for life. Must have been awful for it.

#24 ·
IDK how she found her way back... it migh be the fact that I'm 99.99% sure that the person that did this is a very close negihbor and I take my dog for walks every day so she knows her way around the neigborhood...

and Marty... i care about my dog... I would give my life for any of my three dogs... but you obviously dont understand and so i am not going to argue with you about it any more... im from a small area... nothing here...1 vet anywhere near remotely close... but you wouldnt understand that you were prolly born and raised in a big city and have no idea what its like living in the middle of nowhere... you have had options all your life.. I HAVENT! so calm down with this barking up the wrong tree stuff... yes i see your a moderator... and I don't care because your still being a dick for no reason buddy... so you can take yourself somewhere and have a nice day because I am going to have this taken care of one way or the other!

#25 ·
Hold on just a minute you said in one post that you live in a area that has 30,000 people then you say you live ina small area with only 1 vet. Which is it?

I live in a remote area and I have at least 10 different vets I can drive too. I can even call on a farm vet if the need be.

I'm sure that there is somone someplace that can help you .....if you wanted te help. Your story doesn't add up.

#28 · (Edited)
Hold on just a minute you said in one post that you live in a area that has 30,000 people then you say you live ina small area with only 1 vet. Which is it?

I live in a remote area and I have at least 10 different vets I can drive too. I can even call on a farm vet if the need be.

I'm sure that there is somone someplace that can help you .....if you wanted te help. Your story doesn't add up.
The population as of 2008 for Marianna Fl is 6,284.....

Sorry he is in Blountstown and the population there is 2,515

#38 ·
I have tried all those vets Henderson Veterinary clinic is my in town vet and he said just put her down because she is a pit bull and pit bulls are bad so i said have a nice day and left. Ark animal hospital is her usual vet. they wont work anything out with me. Marianna animal hospital wont either...

#27 ·
dude do you think we are stupid? Its easy to tell from you story that your trying to cover up the fact you did it your self or had some one do it for you. you started out sounding like a liar you are typeing in something called (passive voice). in college they tought us thats how you spot bull crap. good luck fooling some other people. and thats all beside the point you need o take that pup in that is all.

#39 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok I'm only going to say this once more... I DO NOT BELIEVE in cropped ears!!! i have 2 other pits with natural ears! they are much cuter this way so no i DID NOT do this and i DID NOT have anyone do this to my pup! Passive voice means i'm lieing? ok **** off dude you must know everything.... mabey i'm just not that good with grammar and proper "COLLEGE" writing techniques...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.