Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - conditioning for a 7 month old pup
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
PatienceFlame
SRK's Hero Of War CGC

1x Dog of the Month
PatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninja
PatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninjaPatienceFlame reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
I dont see how healthy it is to get a growing dog pulling heavy weight. It's like having a 12 yr old kid doing heavy squats and deadlifts, it just can't be healthy in the long run. There are charts online of estimated growth plate closings on differents bones of the body and some do not even finish closing until two, that is not even considering ligaments and joints. You can take a gamble on your puppy's health and rush it or wait until he is ready to avoid any injuries or future orthopedic issues. Everyone has their opinion but the facts are there or I should say nature shows that the dog isn't developed yet so why take a risk.
very well said!I wouldn't strap a heavy object on a 7 month old pup.

I will continue with the

walks
fetch
tug o war

and

slight spring pole play (all of her paws touch the ground so she doesnt have to jump.)

are there any threads about conditioning for weight pulling though? I wanted to get her into this when she is 2 years old.

food intake
how long she needs to condition

how much weights to start her off with.

I mean. is there a website? I'd like to readmoreon this.

also, I seen this water activity where they leap of a dock after a toy. what is this called and where can I find info on that??

it looks like alot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, right...

are there any gatherings in the vegas area. apbt events? i'd like to be more involved and can't find anything.
PatienceFlame is offline   Reply With Quote