Go Pitbull Forums banner

Weight question, Fullgrown and mixed?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PatienceFlame 
#1 ·
Yep, yay Megan for her stupid questions! we should all have Riley high paw me in the face for my curious posts. LOL!

ok, so here are my questions.

Riley is 43 pounds at almost 8 months old (She will be 8mths on Jan 17th)
Is she considered to big for her breed standard?

at what age will she be fully grown or atleast be able to tell how much larger she will get?

and is it possable she could be mixed bred if she is over sized?

#3 · (Edited)
I know she was 14 pounds at 9 weeks
and I believe she was around 30 pounds at 4 months or around that.

I weighed her just a few days ago and she is at 43 pounds now

she was also sick from the food she was eating a few weeks back and for 4 days didnt want anything to eat. I had to spoon feed her water for 4 days after bringing her home from the vets. so she may have been heavier before she dropped.She has a severe sensitive stomach issue. ANYWAS sorry for off the subject ramble. before she got sick she could have been close to 45 to 46 pounds but I don't really know for sure. I am still slowly bringing her weight back up

#4 ·
Riley is 43 pounds at almost 8 months old (She will be 8mths on Jan 17th)
Is she considered to big for her breed standard?
No. I would bet that she doesn't get much over 50 lbs assuming you keep her at a sensible weight. My girls weigh around 45 pounds as adults.

at what age will she be fully grown or atleast be able to tell how much larger she will get?
She'll be done growing upward by a year and will gain muscle mass until she is anywhere from 2-3 years on average. Some lines mature more quickly than others.

and is it possable she could be mixed bred if she is over sized?
Anything is possible. But I think it unlikely that you have to worry about her being oversized.

#6 ·
No. I would bet that she doesn't get much over 50 lbs assuming you keep her at a sensible weight. My girls weigh around 45 pounds as adults.

She'll be done growing upward by a year and will gain muscle mass until she is anywhere from 2-3 years on average. Some lines mature more quickly than others.

Anything is possible. But I think it unlikely that you have to worry about her being oversized.
She is on a balanced diet, no human food whatsoever due to her severe sensitive stomach. I figured she'd be 50 pounds at the most and most of it will be muscle weight. And I doubt she is mixed, She is starting to look like a pitty now, her cheeks are starting to pop, hehe and thank you for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.