Go Pitbull Forums banner

castillo and boogieman bloodlines

47K views 87 replies 29 participants last post by  jttar 
#1 ·
I am getting a puppy that has castillo and boogieman and swogger and lar-san bloodlines in the dam and sires pedigree. I would really appreciate some info on these bloodlines. The kennel im getting my pup from is real deal chocolates could someone look at the dogs on the page and tell me the honest opinion on their dogs. I would really appreciate the help. I am looking for a dog to take to weight pull competitions and shows. thanks ahead of time for your help.

#8 ·
I love TITO and Gaia and Nina they are beautiful. I had my dog Kimo for 14 yrs. He passed away last year and im finally ready for a new puppy. Tito reminds me of him. :)
I'm very sorry for your loss....
Castillo and Swoggers tend to be heavier boned dogs. Besides that I don't know a lot about dogs from Swoggers. I don't really see any Castillo dogs in the show ring or working here in the US any way. There seem to be quite a few showing overseas like in Brazil. I only know of a couple who are doing some weight pull. There is a Castillo forum, in case you want to do more research.My girls have some of the Castillo foundation dogs behind them
Boogieman is a more standard ADBA typy dog, the ones I've net at shows have been dolls.
The lar-san dogs were from Show/working stock, there is some health testing behind that bloodline and if you do a search on th forum you'll find some posts already up on them.

I hope that helps

#7 ·
Oh how sad I'm sorry for your loss. My Marley is turning 10 this year and I can't even Imagine my life with out him. I know you can never replace him but getting a new puppy will help :) Good luck hope your next pup is as good as your last :)

#12 ·
actually they are larger pit bulls but I wouldn't call them bullies. She keeps them fat and happy. When I went to her house they were nothing like bullies I think maybe the pics are deceiving they are nice clean dogs just bigger than the standard ADBA dogs I like.

#20 ·
I'm not just speaking of Kim. I just notice things. There are several breeders out there now producing a large, over-standard, bulky chocolate dog. They don't show or work them, don't health-test. If they were producing shades of blue, most would call them bully breeders and BYBs. But instead we seem to see folks backing the breeders of the chocolate dogs and excusing where they are coming up short. At least that's my take on it. Perspectives will differ of course.

Reactions: MY MIKADO
#21 ·
I'm not just speaking of Kim. I just notice things. There are several breeders out there now producing a large, over-standard, bulky chocolate dog. They don't show or work them, don't health-test. If they were producing shades of blue, most would call them bully breeders and BYBs. At least that's my take on it. Perspectives will differ of course.
:goodpost: I 100% agree.

#23 ·
Not a big fan of Swogger dogs, Lar-San is okay. If you want to talk about Boogieman dogs, contact Blaizen Kennels - she's got dogs directly off of Tanya's yard. Tanya passed away, unfortunately, not long ago or I'd send you directly to her.

It's a shame to see these dogs so over done. To me, they're not true to standard. I know Castillo and Swogger dogs tend to run larger but these dogs LOOK like over-done behemoths. If it were me, I'd run - no titles, no health testing...nothing to prove these dogs even FIT registry standards on either of the registries they're registered with. IMO, they're nothing more than papered mutts at this point.

#26 ·
I am sorry that you think my dogs are overdone.... I do not think so neither do many others. But everyone is entitled to their opinions, everyone has their style.

Oh and by the way, I know it bothers many that my larger dog has Boogieman in his pedigree, but I would have you know that GR CH Boogieman has created larger dogs. My males dam was a direct daughter and she was 70lbs..... maybe it's the amstaff back in the pedigree popping out occassionally. LOL!
Hey! you never know..... Food For Thought!

#73 · (Edited)
I know it bothers many that my larger dog has Boogieman in his pedigree, but I would have you know that GR CH Boogieman has created larger dogs. My males dam was a direct daughter and she was 70lbs..... maybe it's the amstaff back in the pedigree popping out occassionally. LOL!
Hey! you never know..... Food For Thought!
I don't see that anyone is bothered by it. Though it isn't the NORM. My dogs came directly from Tanya, they are not huge. The larger is 48lbs fat. The breedings I've continued haven't produced monsters. On average they are 30-40lbs. Most Boogieman dogs I know of fall within average weight range.

Was it ever considered that the size came from the bitch. I don't recognize the dogs in the pedigree, were they larger.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Your comments to me are of no value or concern. I have 5 generations here and will have more as time passes without any hereditary problems and Ive been breeding tight for many,many years. I will not spend the money on something at this point of my breeding program to waste money, YES, WASTE MONEY, just to apease a few wannabe know-it-alls who climb onto the bandwagon everytime a "new" disease is spread across the Internet that we all must test for. Now, these new fangled dog lines where who-knows-what is involved in their creation and let me also include the AmStaffs since they do seem to have the most problems, these are the people who really need to look into their own backyards and test their stock instead of breeding tainted B.S. because their stud is the flavor of the year. As for the UKC standard, well, I have had my share of productions who have done quite well, both conformationally wise, as well as weight pulling. My dogs really aren't as big as you may think. Pictures don't do them justice at all. Yes, my orginal dogs were the larger/taller castillo based dogs, but they were still not bad. Castillo was a champion bloodline when people were actually showing them as was Lar-San. What name you see in the front of my dogs pedigrees is my name. In the back of my name, the old blood. Nothing mixed in whatsoever, just bred my way. My combination. Whether you like 19" 70-75lb UKC dogs or not, is non of my concern. I've been here for over a decade with dogs all over. I have produced champions. Am I as well known as the breeders out on the west coast, of course not. I don't whore out my dogs, nor do I play the political game. lol.. I don't need to and I don't want to. It's pretty obvious, whether you like it or not, that I'm doing just fine. I have out-lived many well-known kennels and I'm doing quite well, thank you. Couldn't do that with half as*ed dogs, now could I?

#32 · (Edited)
pattrick from real deal chocolates is good people.. I've talked to them a couple times...they have a good amount of the same days in the pedigree that I have.

Castillo American Pit Bull Terriers thats a castillo forum
Czar- Thank you... thats why I married him! LOL

I do not breed stirctly for color, but I do love the color, and I happen to own red nose dogs that produce red/ chocolate coats, therefore they will mainly produce red/chocolate it....... hence the name "Real Deal Chocolates"

#33 ·
big or not...I would like to think that especially if they are being tightly bred that you would health test. Really wish I saw more health testing and titles even if it's working dog titles (or should I say especially working dog titles) I like Lar-san's and Castillo and Boogieman, but these dogs are much heavier set and bigger all around then their predecessors...Maybe they look different in person? Just my personal opinion.

#36 ·
You can health test every generation and come up clean and still produce something less than par. A breeder can still have an HD dog pop up or anything else. Such is life as we know. Breeding tightly for many years and an occasional inbreeding and not having major health issues is a pretty good sign of great lines and conscientious breeding decisions.

True that on the lines you have mentioned. Bigger and heavier. There was a discussion about this on our board not too long ago. It's in the food. lol...
I won't go into my own personal breeding details from the last decade, but, from the oldschool blood that I have, I have selectively (purposely) kept and bred the larger boned of my productions. To me, Lar-San is perfect and a total asset to any yard, but too slight on the bone for my liking.
Some people like the UKC Champion Castillo lines and some like the UKC Champion Lar-San lines. Both lines are very different in looks, but both are champion lines. It's all in what ya like and I started with both.