Go Pitbull Forums banner

I got yelled at today....

2K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Patch-O-Pits 
#1 ·
by the subsitute mail lady!! yesterday as the mail lady was getting in the truck and leaving i took peanut out to go pee he didnt even see her bark growl or anything. today she wouldnt come to my house i had to go out to give her the mail and she yelled at me. she told me next time she is in the neighborhood i better not have my dog out until she is completely gone out of the neighboorhood. i was polite to her i just told her he has never left the yard before but next time i know shes in the neighborhood i will watch before i let my dog out to pee she shoved the mail in my hand and took off.

i could see if he did something to her but he didnt and he has been really good with geroge our normal mailman hes been out peeing at the time he came to my house and nothing from peanut and no complaints from george.

i felt like calling the post office to complain about the rudeness of the mail lady but thought if i did so i might bring hell to myself. anyways i just wanted to vent

#3 ·
There was no reason for her to go off on you like that.I might would call and complain too.
I'm kinda spiteful though.I think if it was me and I saw her coming I would take Pretty Girl out right then on purpose to use the bathroom.On a leash of course.Is your mail box by the road or on your house?If you are in your yard and the mail box is by the road,she can't tell you that you can't have your dog out there on a leash using the bathroom.

#4 ·
my mailbox is next to my house. she had already passed all the houses and was getting in her truck to leave when he went out to pee i didnt see any harm in it and he didnt even notice her. (she had her truck parked across the street from my house). my worry if i complained is one not getting my mail delivered and two can she complain to the county about Peanut? he is licensed and current on rabies. i just dont want to do anything to chance him

#13 ·
Nope...in myopinion you should shut up and take your lumps.
If the ost office finds out you have a "dangerous breed on the loose" they can deny you mail delivery and make you out to be a low life to your neighbors.
This is something you just have to accept owning a pit bull.

#14 ·
see that is my other thing i thought about this and thats why i didnt call but she was in the truck leaving so i didnt see a problem with my dog going out to pee since he had to hold it while she was walking the neighborhood. just the way she approached it was what bothered me she could have been nice my dog didnt see her nothing happened she didnt even have contact with him. she could have talked to me instead of yell at me and try passing my house. just because i have a dog let alone a pitbull doesnt mean she couldnt have just had a conversation with me. i do understand post office workers being scared of dogs but geeze mean. i was polite to her and told her i would keep an eye out especially while she is our subsitute mail person.

#15 ·
If she did that to me I would make sure I was outside with Enzo everyday waiting for her to come with my mail. I dont take **** from anyone when it comes to people talking down on Enzo. If he didnt do anything wrong she has nothing on you

#17 ·
Dont let it bother you if he didnt do anything. I had this one lady almost jump of the sidewalk into traffic because she saw Enzo walking on the sidewalk. I laughed at her and said "he is only a puppy". I'm just a complete d*** when it comes to stuff like that and will make your life hell LOL

#21 ·
Maybe you can talk to the regular mailman about how to proceed? This mail person might be a regular trouble-maker and your complaint might be welcome if they want to get rid of them. If the person is the type that the boss always protects, I'm sure your regular can tell you it's not a good idea to complain.

#22 ·
I would call down there and complain. They should not have someone who is like that doing a job that has to be around dogs. even if its just walking by. Its like saying if i see your kid outside you cant have your mail.

#25 ·
I agree with Sampson's dad.... Just make the woman happy. Maybe there is a reason she is a SUBSTITUTE... It still sux though.

#30 ·
Yeah what's funny is that that's how the mail system works. You have your normal route workers, and they get 1 or two days off depending on the size of their route, and there is normally one or two people who have to work on everyone else's off days. It's pretty funny I think.

the situation sucks Michelle but it's the same reason I wont yell at my neighbors for their snarling dogs, Im just gonna put up one of those bark inhibitors. I just dont like confrontation cuz I'd be worried that it'd get out of hand. I know youre angry and everything, but isn't such expected when you own the breed?

#27 ·
Don't anybody whoop anybody anymore? Smack her in the mouth next time. Sure, you'll pay a fine, but it should shut her up lol.

#31 ·
I would call and complain!
BUT if your dog is off leash and not behind a fence she could say she felt threatened. Our law here states they can be off leash on our own property as long as they do not go off the property. If it is the same there I really would call and raise a stink about your sweet dog being in the front with you and her throwing a fit and being rude! If we do not hold ppl like that accountable for their actions they will continue to think that behavior is ok.

#32 ·
Did she smell like fresh baked cookies, that's what I would have asked her. I like to be sarcastic & make fun of the situation (when really I'm making fun of the person). Perhaps she's afraid he can smell her bad attitude. I'd get her truck number & complain about her attitude & shoving the mail at you, this economy's waaaay too brittle for customer service to lax in just about any field.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.