Go Pitbull Forums banner

What breed do you not care for?

Tags
breed care
9K views 71 replies 49 participants last post by  NinaThePitbull 
#1 ·
So as pitbull people we all preach the "its all how you raise them" "This breeds not for everyone" "This breed is just misunderstood" Ect....

However I know we each have a breed that we don't quite care for, for whatever reason, be it personal experience or just dislike due to that breeds reputation.

Now lets not turn this into a rude debate. If someone doesn't like a breed you own thats ok. You are welcome to reply about it but any rudeness will not be excepted.

So I will start.

I hate Labs. Not just dislike, but don't care for them at all. I have owned 1 and never again will I own another. I have had plenty of experience with them and have one meet one good dog outta the lot. A well bred hunting dog.

Know I can't blame the breed ( however I just don't care for how they are) but the people that own them. Lab people tend to think that since they own Labs they don't have to be contained or leashed. They are "sweet" labs and can just do whatever. I also find alot of Lab people think every other breed should be the same as a Lab.

Every Lab I have ever met had HA issues ( other than the one I liked.) They seem to be to be smart , but dumb dogs and are just a breed that over all I don't like to be involved with.

See less See more
#2 ·
GSD's scare the $%*! out of me. i have to say that 8 out of 10 GSD's that i've dealt with at work are sketch. i've had a couple try to rip off my face. so unless they are eager to greet me i will throw a party hat on regardless.

#4 ·
Ok, now I know why.. was wondering last week. yeah, a mean GSD is the scariest dog in the world.

ok my list:

1- Afghan Hound

especially after readigf The Intelligence Of Dogs ( theyre supposedly dumber than a box of rocks)
2- Anything that ends in -poo

3- Shitt Zoo

4- Pekingese

5- Petite Basset Griffon Vendeen ( can't pronounce or spell it, so it makes the list)

#3 ·
Good thread!

Lets see in my business which breeds do I not like......

Most things small and snappy, mostly the owners fault for treating it like a kid and making a monster out of them then calling me to fix the little :poop:! lol

Chow Chow's: most that I have trained and I see a lot of them are HA.

Spitz's: HA and crappy temperaments on many

That's all I can think of for now.

oh I get calls sometimes asking if I train cats.... I just say buy a spray bottle and shoot the little bugger with water! lol

#6 · (Edited)
I actually owned a Lab growing up,and she was the best dog...However she was a mix, I'm not sure of what though.

But seriously, the only reason I have Bruno now,was because he has the same temperament my Lab did. It makes me think maybe she had pit in her, but I'll never know.

I went to the pound to get a lab, but was chosen by Bruno, I'll be a pit person from now on :3

Anyway, I do have a tiny hatred towards Chihuahuas. There was one that lived by me growing up,and it use to chase kids and bite them, i couldn't walk to the playground with out being chased 1/2 way. my lab was scared to death of it too. It was never inside, just ran loose.
My aunt has 3 of them, and they made Thanksgiving a nightmare.
I've only met 1 I liked. he was very well trained though.

Most of them aren't trained and are little hooligans imo. Ankle biters. If anything THEY should be on the aggressive breed list.

just cause they're "cute" and tiny it shouldn't mean that they can get away with stuff they shouldn't be able to get away with, that most dogs would be PTS for.

#9 ·
I don't care for ......

Chow Chow's : I refuse to groom because of how vicious they can be towards people.
Had one that cornered two groomers after it busted out its cage, the instructor had to use herself as bait, so when it went at her she leaped out of the way the dog slid into the closet and she slammed the door. They are terribly unpredictable.

Chi's : my aunt own 2 of the most horrible little poop buckets. They would attack us when we were kids and she thought it was funny. Bit me several times drawing blood. I finally got sick of it one day and threw them behind the washer & dryer, I got beat for it but they left me alone after that.

Shitzu's are just obnoxious !

GSD's my uncles were horrible, and I've never taken to them.

I guess theirs a dog for every personality, pits suit me well.

#10 ·
I dislike poodles. I guess it's more the type of people that own poodles. We went to the Westminster a few years ago, and Mike nearly had a fistfight with an old lady because he said he didn't care for poodles, and she overheard and went berzerk! It was not her dog in the ring, and we were not referencing any particular dog, just that poodles in general dont suit us, too much upkeep, and tend to be bitey.

I dont like most anything with dramatically long hair like shih tzus, poodles, cockers etc, I like wash and wear dogs, spray em down with the hose, and youre good to go :) Too many little dogs are nippy, but my little dog is not, so I guess it's the owners. I do find myself letting Raisin do things the big dogs are not allowed to do, like put her paws up on my legs and get on the bed, but she has a height disadvantage right? hehe

#11 ·
I hate Kangals
And the following
Yorkies
Dalmations
Chow Chow
Chihuahua
Poodles
Dachshund
Cocker Spaniel

I don't like breeds that don't serve a purpose, or its only useful function is to walk around a show ring.

#27 ·
Kangals?!?!? If there was ever a dog that had a purpose and has been used by man for such a long history it is the Kangal. One of the breeds I am excited about looking into this year when overseas.
They have been sent to Africa to be used by livestock farmers because the farmers have been killing the Cheetahs that were a threat. Reputable scientists, canine experts chose Kangal over all breeds in the world for the shepherd/guard dog and many Cheetahs have been saved since.

Hmmmm.. this is a great thread so far, we can all agree and disagree respectfully. I learned why Nizmo doesnt like GSDs, i suprisingly learned how Labs arent favored much here.

Back to Kangals, lol.
Working Ovcharkas and Kangals on my must check out list. Havent come across many Ovcharkas, but many Kurdish, Iraqi and Turkish sheps treat the Kangal as a god. I remember being told not to disrespect any Kangal after being shown pictures or the natives would go nuts. Many seemed to be street dogs when they were not. Some just belonged to the whole community/town/village.

after some experience and research i found out why. great dogs. smart dogs. working dogs, fearless against wolves, not human aggressive but will bark and guard their territory without giving up an inch .
hey, im not arguing with you, everyone has an opinion, and your my homie. im just wondering why, like I was with Nizmo and his GSD opinion, which I completely understand now.

I wish I spoke Korean so I could figure out why the hell they put Kangals together with Tigers...anyway interesting vid.

#12 ·
I see Poodles being mentioned alot. Poodles now suffer from alot of what APBTS deal with. Working dogs without a purpose. Poodles at one time where the greatest of hunting dogs. Pure working dogs. Sadly they have now been made into a Foo Foo dog lacking in temperament.

If you know something about a breed mention share! I think this thread could really educate people about breeds they don't know about. Of course it doesn't mean you have to like them regardless lmao.

#13 ·
Oh, i don't like Dachshunds either. They're the main reason my other dog(not pit) is DA. She was fine until one of those little &*&^%'s attacked her, and after that she hasn't been nice to any small dog.(she's better with big ones though, if she's introduced properly, that's how I got to keep Bruno :3)

#16 ·
I don't dislike, but I'm turned off by Husky types because I was bitten by one.
I also reallllly don't like Saint Bernards. I mean they're really cute but no.
And also not really a fan of most little dogs.
They are so obnoxious most the time.
And Labs. They are so overbred and everyone things they are the perfect "---" dog.
For example my mom, who has owned beagles and never took care of them wants a lab because they are the perfect "therapy" dog. They are a little over rated to me. But that's just my opinion

#17 ·
I agree wholeheartedly about the Lab thing. Mainly it's not the actual dog that's the problem but the owners. I'm seriously trying to recall seeing one being walked on a lead and I just can't. It drives me crazy :mad:. Then when the stupid thing comes over to say hello to my leashed dogs and I'm trying to call the owner over to get them, they invariably make their way over in their own time and make some half-hearted attempt at calling their dog back. It's exactly the same thing every time with every Lab we come across.

Wow, I feel better now.

#18 ·
I seriously don't like labs. My mom has one, it's lucky it's still alive after it snapped at my 2yr old son and drew blood. It was just his finger luckily, but still! I also don't like dalmations, chow chows, german shepards, or shar pei. The best dog I ever had was a chihuahua, not yappy at all. He was very different from any other chi i have ever come across.

#40 ·
Slightly like off topic

Actually the hand and fingers are about the worse place to get bitten. So the doctor told me. Arms and legs have more padding(muscle and fat) than your hands and fingers. So your bones and tendons are better protected from injury. I have permanent injury to my hand and one of my fingers and the scar is maybe two inches and curved so it doesn't even look bad. It wraps around my knuckle. Almost two years after getting bitten there is still pain in my knuckle and a lot of times it actually hurts to type or use the mouse for extended periods of time. Which sucks for me cause I used to be able to type 55WPM and I wanted to get a desk job. lol. Also just extending my fingers then closing them in a fist hurts as well.
My advice: Don't let a dog bite you in the hand if you can help it. Preferably don't get bit at all.

#24 ·
I forgot about Dalmations, some of the most ill tempered dog I have temperament tested were Dalmations. After the movie came out they over bred them to death and created fear biters and HA dogs.

GSD take a certain kind of handler and they also have been over bred and many have crappy temperaments but I still like the breed especially german bred GSD.

Some of these comments had me rolling! like "if it has poo in it I hate it" or "if it fits in a purse" LMAO

#26 ·
okay so everyone has pretty much covered all the breeds I dislike. The one breed I really can't stand are pomerainians my brother's wife has one and that is the meanest dog i have ever seen in my life and it pees on everything if you set your jacket down it will get peed on that dog does not care also my mom jus adopted a chihuahua and it is the devil she also owns 2 black toy poodles and they bite everyone but her. My mother in law owns a weenie dog and it barks constantly come to think about it I cant think of one small breed i do like lol. Totally agree with you guys about the lab thing when my dad found out we got luna my oldest baby he was like yall should have got a lab I was like why cause they make good dogs why i asked again i dont know really he sais they just do to which i replied okay dad and rolled my eyes lol sometimes you just have to let parents think your listening. oh one more i dont like hounds especially the ones with red eyes

#29 ·
I dislike boxers. I was walking my first pit bull EVER when I was 15 years old and two unleashed boxers came running at me and my first instinct was to pick up my dog and walk the other way, all they did was bark and try to bite her...To this day if i see a boxer they make me sick I just can't get over that memory. Also, sadly like everyone else I don't like labs, unless there mixed with something my friend has a rott/lab mix and i love the way he looks and his overall demeanor, but it seems like all lab owners think they have the best dog in the world and no rules apply to them. My one friend has a male lab thats neutered and whenever I try walking with her, her dogs first instinct is to hump my dog or ANYONES dog and she does nothing about it because hes "just showing who's boss".....I was walking my boyfriends male pit on the trail and she decided to meet up with me with her stupid lab and he INSTANTLY tried to mount my INTACT dog and she thought it was hilarious, if i hadn't him pretty much controlled by me holding the leash and kept pretty much dragging him forward he would of attacked him, and i wouldn't have blamed him.....It's just stupid ignorance

#31 · (Edited)
I'm not for long haired breeds, especially if their small.
My mom had an Eskimo and though it was my job to provide basic needs (food, water, baths...i promised my mom should wouldn't have to put the lil thing up for adoption)
that dog annoyed the cashews outta me. Not with barking but the prissy picky thing she had was just all for someone else lol. She was loving but....yyyyeah....

Never been bitten by a dog but i just don't like those fragile pageant pooches either

So no long hair, no hounds, toys, nonsporting, sporting, herding, SOME working breeds are ok but no teeny tiny four leggers, and must be medium to large, I'm into BT's, APBT's, AMSTAFF's........well that's it :)

#32 ·
Honestly for me I love a properly trained dog no matter what the breed... I honestly don't like owners who forget they own a dog... these small dogs or labs who have no training or leadership/human respect are the reason most don't like or even hate the breeds so honestly for me its PEOPLE... I HATE MOST PEOPLE lol there I feel better :)
I've been bite by many unstable or ill-tempered dogs due to a lack of training done by the humans, my sister's first GSD he was 9 weeks and ripped my arm open and had stitches that was fun I was 11, my aunts shitzus growing up they were her kids and allowed to bite their human "cousins", when in high school a friends pom attacked me for going in her house that was wayy to fun -.-', my own lasapso growing up was allowed to bite the kids for going near her food bowl before my parents understood that a dog really does not own anything, My sisters Chi and Chi/shitzu are crazy! they attack everyone and break skin all the time and she just laughs and says oh their just little I keep saying one day Doms will see it bite one of the kids and its bye bye dumb dog due to dumb owner...and had a golden retriever try to tear my throat out at the park that was all too fun he jumped out of the bush on me took me to the ground and started attacking my throat and stomach thank god for my first pit Bruiser he attacked that damned dog enough for me to get up and muzzle it with Brus leash and I waited for the owner to come around this was in a park where little kids were... I was not happy I was bleeding and so was my dog so when I met the owner I called the cops he was a total airhead and gave the dog a treat to stop growling at me... sadly the dog is still alive... but yea for me its the people who own them most people should have to take an exam or something to own an animal you can't train it or teach it respect and keep it contained well then you don't get to have one! but sadly that doesn't happen :( so I will continue to dislike most people :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.