Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Roxy n Rokko gonna be parents?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
performanceknls

5x Dog of the Month
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmosmommy View Post
You won't get money from the litter. And if it wasn't planned, why weren't either dogs neutered? Or why wasn't every necessary precaution taken to keep them apart.
Health and Temperment testing on both parents is very expensive, plus are the dogs papered. or Registered? That makes them worth even less. Not only all the costs for the tests, the prenatal care is expensive too.
Personally as harsh as it sounds, the puppies need to be aborted unless you plan on paying thousands just to make sure its a healthy pregnancy, Performancekennels, or Lisa may be able to give you a price range on what this litter should cost you if it's done right
I have spent about 2,000 on the litter I just had and when it is all said and done I will not break even after all the puppies leave and I pay the stud fees and my expenses. It is not about making money it was about producing some working dogs for myself and co-owning the rest out. The hardest part is finding homes. Now I could have found homes easily enough if I gave them to the first person who had money but I turned down over 20 ppl ho were interested because they would not keep the dogs up to my standard the puppies are use to.

i am all in favor of aborting the litter and I also do not agree if you have dogs you never plan on breeding they have to be fixed. if you are responsible enough to keep your dogs separated then I see no problem with having intact animals. However you have to be even more careful if you are going to do that. I understand accidents happen and I had one myself about 9 years ago. I had planned on breeding the bitch just no yet. She was young and I talked with a few breeder vets about it and we agreed to let her have the litter since I had planned to breed to that male anyway. It was a risky because she was young and if I had to do it over I would have spayed her. I did not have the chance to finish her health tests and when I did her hips a year later when she was old enough they were not great. So yes accidents happen but now you really have to step up to the plate and make a tough decision one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmamanatl View Post
I am a bitch who is never too busy to enjoy the misery of someone else,