Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ear Crop Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
performanceknls

5x Dog of the Month
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
This is how I do it and when I do the puppies ears in a few weeks I will post better pictures and examples, possible a video.

You have about 10 days for you can tape them because you have to wit for the stitches to come out. Then you can start taping them up and that will give you enough time to get a soft cone, I really recommend them it will make your life easier. You can call the local pets stores and vets and see if someone has them if not order it online.

I suggest also getting one of these to keep the dog from pulling his ears down, and since it is soft it will not bug him that much vs a hard cone

Collar - Vet Recovery, 8&quot - Accessories - Lambert Vet Supply

If you have a problem with the tape not sticking then order or find elastikon tape. It is great and will not fall off however it will take the hair off the ears when you remove it so do it careful when taking the ears down. Be sure not to wrap the ears too tight you do not want to cut off circulation to the ears. If the ears stay in place then you can re tape them every week to check the progress and give the dog a few hours break and let the ear canal dry out a bit.
Elastikon-Elastic Adhesive Bandage (2in x 2.5yds)
Here is how I tape.
I know everyone has a different opinion but I like to make my own "sticks" for the ears. I take like 3 Q-tips and tape them together, depending on how long the ear is I may need to tape 2 sets together to make them longer. I also tape gauze on the end so they do not rub the ear raw. Then I put them all the way in the ear canal then tape them to the ear. They work great and the dogs cannot pull them out. I have used these on my last 8 dogs and it worked great! Here is a picture of that they look like.

A long crop with 2 sets of Q tips tapped together

after, 10 mo. not the best picture sorry, she's standing funny

A short crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmamanatl View Post
I am a bitch who is never too busy to enjoy the misery of someone else,
performanceknls is offline   Reply With Quote