Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ground beef?
Thread: Ground beef?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bethb2007 (Got the BAN STICK)
Banned
(Reason)

Bethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moon
Bethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moonBethb2007 reputation is over the moon
If a lot of ground beef is fed, I would worry about the lack of bone in the meat. It seems to me that it could throw off the phosphorous /calcium ration, if fed over a long period of time. For instance, this could be unrelated, but I had a amstaff that I fed regular kibble and then added about 1/4 pound of ground beef to his food. I did this for many months. The dog ended up with Panosteitis. This condition, is usually unheard of in pits and amstaff(usually very large boned dogs and herders). I feel it was the ground meat without bone. The dog recovered fully and never passed it on to his off-spring, but I was worried for awhile.

For this reason, I would stick with meat with bones, or supplement with bonemeal with the burger.
Bethb2007 is offline   Reply With Quote