Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Long Term Effects of Spay/Neuter
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
NesOne

1x Dog of the Month
NesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moon
NesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvum View Post
Yes, there are risks when it comes to spaying/neutering our pets, but the benefit of knowing I won't accidentally be contributing to the addition of more unwanted puppies and cats into this world is a risk I am willing to take.
And is there a benefit to feeding your dog meds for the rest of her life? I would rather pay for the pill/shot that terminates the pregnancy than paying for the estrogen supplement for the rest of her life.

I'm skeptical of all the foreign things we human give to our dogs, and then we wonder why or how they developed cancer or diseases/problems.

Based on your experience, I think validates waiting until they develop the "normal" way before cutting them open.