Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Long Term Effects of Spay/Neuter
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Aireal
my crazy little mutt pack

Aireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninja
Aireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
The dog's teeth are not atrocious per se, they are a bit yellow but I did not notice any build up in the front. They could have a slight build up behind but I agree on waiting a few months. I think she should be given some time rest without surgeries, procedures, shots medicines. Once she is 100% and knows what to call her home and pack then I would look into it. That dog shelter dog has been through a lot and what she needs now is a lot of love and for her surgery to heal. I will look into that bordetalla information that you are providing me, I know that Bernie caught it in puppy school even though he had the shot a month before or so but I am not sure if the vet told me to wait until he was healed to give it to him. IF you have any medical sources I can read I will gladly apreciate it.

I also read the lack of nutrition education that Vets receive in medical school and it is also known that science diet sponsors those programs. I also know that vets get commission for selling that crap. I know in one instance some science diet foods may actually help out I know Lisa stated one of their foods which was completely meat free or something that was supossed to help an overweight dog. When my dog had the stomach bug they wanted me to feed him corn, brewer's rice, soy Science Diet prescription food. I told them no thank you and gave him probiotics with his boiled chicken and rice. I am not a huge fan of all "natural" foods because I am sure they are all not perfect as they seem. In my ideal world I would feed raw and kibble for vitamins but I don;t have the place or a fridge to store raw meat. My chiwawa gets fed raw and kibble and he is doing very good.

ok then it sounds like you are on the right tract, if the teeth are just slightly yellowed but do not seem to have a build up of plaque then my suggestion would be to get your brother to start to start brushing her teeth with a good doggy enzymatic tooth paste, even if he doesn't get a good brushing done if the tooth past gets into the mouth it will start with cleaning the teeth.

I will def look into the borditella research article for you, I may ask the doc when I go in tomorrow see if she has it around.

ya this is why I leave the food thing alone, do the doctors get a percentage of food they carry/indorse of course, you would be stupid to think they didn't. HOWEVER I can tell you no doctor I have been met would carry a food they are uncomfortable with or would not feed there own personal pet which is why some vets do science diet some do eukanuna (such as myself) and other do Purina (the higher quality Purina of course). I personally say if you like a certain food and the dog is doing well on it (not fat skin/coat healthy) then so be it, I love meat but Iím not going to tell a vegetarian he is stupid for not eating a good steak.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I notice people are alot less scary after being poked in the eye ~Bones
Aireal is offline   Reply With Quote