Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Long Term Effects of Spay/Neuter
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
NesOne

1x Dog of the Month
NesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moon
NesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moonNesOne reputation is over the moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvum View Post
So you would rather terminate vs prevent? Interesting. Especially considering your preference to keep foreign things out of your dog. You don't consider the pill/shot to be a foreign thing? I thought most vets quit using those methods due to the side affects, but I could be wrong.

I did find it quite disheartening to hear how common spay incontinence is. And while I am pro spay/neuter, I am still unsure of the best age to have those procedures done. There is just so much conflicting information out there. I wonder why that is?
No, I prefer to prevent. If I had a female dog she would be kept in a crate during her heats until she was 2 years of age and then get spayed. If she accidentally got pregnant, then I would use the terminate method. I don't like using foreign things "if I don't have to" (rabies is mandatory)

To me, keeping the dog contained is prevention, not getting them spayed/neutered at a young age.