Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - ***Off leash dog attacks your dog on leash
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lex'sFart

Lex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninja
Lex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninjaLex'sFart reputation ninja
My story.

Over the weekend just hours til the super bowl, me and my wife decided to take our dogs to a local park on the edge of town. I like this park due to its being somewhat secluded, rarely visited and forested. We have one pup of 7 months and another adult about a year and a half. To a certain extent my wife claims the adult and I the pup. So that day my wife was walking the adult Lex and I was walking the pup our usual routine. My wife was ahead of me by about 20 yards. She suddenly stopped and looked back to me and telling me to look ahead. I could see 2 dogs barreling down the hill with their owner running behind.
Let me say Lex is an intense dog but will not start a fight unless it's brought to him.
In my mind I was thinking of how bad this could end up. The lead dog was big, probably 100-120 pds (my would be a shepherd mix, probably overfed) The dog behind seemed less of a threat, just curious. As the various scenarios ran through my head I handed the leash to my step son and hustled to get to my wife. I saw Lex stand his ground ahead and by the time I got there the other dog was already slamming into Lex mouth wide open. I thought I saw Lex about to go down but instead he had absorbed most of the force and twisted his body around to catch the other dog by the ear and side of the head. The fight was over before me and my wife could react. Lex had latched onto a dog am
almost twice his size (he's about 67 pds) while the dog yelped like he was dying. The other owner came over without a word. He tryed pulling Lex's jaws apart. I asked him not to touch my dog as we knew what to do. My wife grabbed Lex's hind legs as I grabbed his collar and yelled the drop it commanded. After 30 seconds Lex released. The owner again without a word grabbed his dog and walked off. I'd say the whole thing lasted 1-2 minutes. Immediately following Lex was back to himself cuddling with my stepson in the back ofthe car. Neither dog seemed seriously hurt, unless the other dogs ear has internal damage.