Go Pitbull Forums banner

Neuter gone wrong we think Help!!!

Tags
neuter wrong
8K views 58 replies 15 participants last post by  The Pit-Girl 
#1 · (Edited)
View attachment 9451 Okay I know this is for pits but my chihuahua had testicles that didnt drop we were advised to neuter him because of the chance of cancer ... we said ok ... they could only find one and explored they couldnt find they other at all..My problem is they mutilated my dog they cut around his penis he is literally screaming we cant touch him to medicate him cause he bites.....shouldnt they have called us to let us know of the complication instead of cutting this little 10 pound dog up and when we called them shouldnt they have told us ??????? I will never in my life neuter another dog the scar is at least 10 times the size the said it would be and ive never seen a dog in so much pain my wife wants to sue them my kid is crying uncontrollably and I am trying not to hurt anyone for what theyve done to my boy people have gone to jail for less and they say this is helping him bull!!! any feed back is greatly appreciated I will post pics asap but cant touch him now the time is 835 pm on 4/19/2011 please help folks Im desperate and upset. we got a pic see how it seems they cut his penis ???? keep in mind that it goes around the other side its like they cut the whole sheath that houses his penis off and resewed it back on as soon as we can get more pics we will post em

#42 ·
Hopefully we will here at some point tonight.....he was doing okay this morning. He had actually got up and walked to a blanket and he wasn't crying anymore. He was drinking but still hadn't eaten anything.

Lopez....where you at??

#48 ·
TOTALLY!! The whole cancer scare to get you to fix your dog is not as a big risk as they vets would like you to think. Now when a dog has a retained testicle it can have complications but a normal dog not so much. The cancer thing is a way vets make money on S/N your pet and IMO another HSUS type ploy to advocate S/N. I do believe that S/N is a good idea but if your responsible with your animals there is no reason you cannot keep them intact.
Out of all the dogs we have seen at the vet clinic, and all the hundreds of breeds of all breeds, and all the thousands of clients I have over the years I have never heard of a male getting cancer and only of one female mixed breed who had cancer in her breasts. It is not as common as they want us to belive....

#50 ·
hey guys hes walking eating and drinking and even barking at the bell. the second vet actually said it was a normal scar which I still is crazy but im not a professional.Ill keep you posted . oh and while "I" would never neuter again I believe that a responsible person should make their own decision.Blue their are too many dogs in shelters I agree that some people should get their dogs neutered cause they are irresponsible . Understand I am speaking solely for myself I watch my animals like I watched my children when they were 1 I know not everyone is like me and I expect everyone to make an educated decision.

#52 ·
Please don't base this experience on never neutering another dog again......you can't go by this. A regular neuter is nothing compared to what your chi had done. If you had another dog with an undecended testicle the best thing to do would be to neuter again and have the retained testicle removed. I'm sorry but I have seen many bitches with mammory cancer, and pyometra when I was a tech. I have also known people whose dogs died of testicular cancers at 8 years old. I have also seen many owners of intact males that were ill mannered, untrained, and aggressive. I was a groomer for 15 years and a vet assistant for 3 yrs. I've run into many idiots over the years. I'm not going to keep getting into the whole neuter/spay debate because it is really ticking me off that people are promoting not to fix your PET. If you are showing, working, and responsibly breeding your dog then I am all for an intact animal. If you are just some random Joe with a dog and house pet IMO you have no business keeping an intact animal. Accidents happen and will keep on happening. This country will NEVER solve the OVER population problems and millions of animals will continue to die every year due to ignorance.................Carry on.

Anyways, Lopez.......I am glad your little guy is doing better and glad you got the second opinion :)

#51 ·
Any reason why you haven't checked his temp yet?
Most dogs are still 'groggy' when leaving the hospital after surgery. A 'Cryptorchid' surgery is more involved then your normal neuter.

You are suppose to offer small amounts of food for the first 24 hours. I do think a/d is a good start if he isn't eating by the 2nd day home.
Did you get or ask for pain meds??

#54 ·
By all means show your puppy, but put the question of breeding him completely out of your mind for several years. That will give you a lot of time to learn about doing it the right way, and save us having to go through the whole rigamarole right now. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.