Go Pitbull Forums banner

I'm beginning to think that Leo is mixed...

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Black Rabbit 
#1 ·
He just doesn't look like a pure bully... there's boxiness to his facial structure/snout and his jowels/cheeks hang down more than I would expect...idk something about him makes me see a mix... I just can't put my finger on what it could be?

See less See more
#4 ·
Well the thing with his litter is that they came 500$ papered or 400$ unpapered...but we really just were uneducated and wanted a family pet so we asked if they would take 320$ knowing he would never end up in a shelter or in a negative situation. All we really knew was that his parents were papered blue bullies and we saw pics of each of them... but he doesn't even look like his parents. I wonder if the photos were fakes because his parents looked completely different...

#7 ·
Not all Bullies are huge, he may reach 50 to 60lbs fully grown. Just based on that picture he almost looks like he has SBT in him, not saying he does but i could see it if he did. Without papers or a trustworthy breeder, you never know what went into him.. being shown pictures is generally a sign somethings wrong with the over all picture, especially if you werent allowed to physically see the parents.

#8 ·
I've seen the father in person. But I've always though leo looked sbt...I just...idk :/ I feel uneducated when people ask about him and I tell them he's am bully when I don't sincerely believe its true... I wish I could give an answer with some confidence... -sigh- the things I wish I had known before....

#9 ·
Why would somebody lie about a stud? Because in person I swear the dog looked a lot lower to the ground than the photos...-dies- all blues look the same....frustration... I hate myself for not knowing about all the info on gp before getting dogs...srsly... I better go to bed before I have a panic attack

#10 ·
Easy, people lie to make $$ or to cover up something that would damage their "breeding career". Im not saying that is what he is, he could just be a full Bully from dam and sire. Who knows, if it were me given you don't seem to know 100% what went into him, i would just call him a AmBully mix.. Even if he really isn't a mix your not sure and since you have thought before he may have some SBT in there, i think it would be a "safe" educated option.

#11 ·
Believe it or not when they are breeding for money they will lie about anything to sell dog's. I have seen it before breeder's lying about studs and such. That's why I go out to the breeder's yard see the parent's look at the pup's ask to see DNA-P if available for the breeding but even that can be faked. It sounds like you just wanted to give this pup a good home so in this case you saved this dog from ending up god only know's where. Don't beat yourself up we all start somewhere you know better now. And regardless of how this dog of your's is bred I am sure he's worth loving and owning. He looks like a sweet dog and he's lucky to have found you.

#12 ·
Yep, nothing wrong with giving a unknown dog a good home. I think sometimes we all get caught up in everything that we forget to just take a step back and relax some. While your learning about the breed and/or breeds of choice, just enjoy having a good looking pet and love him. :) Next time you'll know better, have more knowledge and perhaps next time youll get yourself what you originally thought you had.

#13 ·
I love him!

He looks just like my first pitbull "Bullet". I bought him for $40 bucks...
He died of cancer in 98.. when I look at pictures now, I think he had Boxer in him. but who knows. I had no clue about the breed.. never even heard of it (it was 1988) when I bought him.
All, I know is, I was looking for a 'pet' and thats what I got. He was one of the best dogs I ever owned.. smart as heck ;)

Love your dog.. it is what you wanted.

...and now that you are becoming more educated and aware, you can pick your next pup with experience ;)

#14 ·
:D thank you for all of your input! And he sure is a sweetheart lol the biggest cuddle baby you will ever meet. My moms coming to visit next month and she keeps asking if they growl at strangers and things like that... I told her not to worry as they wouldn't even attack somebody breaking in lol they'd probably just give a robber a million kisses.

#15 ·
:D thank you for all of your input! And he sure is a sweetheart lol the biggest cuddle baby you will ever meet. My moms coming to visit next month and she keeps asking if they growl at strangers and things like that... I told her not to worry as they wouldn't even attack somebody breaking in lol they'd probably just give a robber a million kisses.

#17 ·
Genetics are a weird thing. Some times pups come out looking more like grandparents then the actual parents. Dosia for example came from 2 normal sized dogs. I expected him to be as well. As he has matured he's outgrown both parents. He's about 5in taller than his dad and 20lbs heavier. He looks nothing like his dad but looks a lot like his grand sire, and some other dogs a few generations back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.