Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog is a very overexcited eater.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
SilverMarble

SilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninja
SilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninjaSilverMarble reputation ninja
I personally use "brake-fast" bowls, that are designed to make the dog eat slower. A cheaper alternative to this is placing a large rock in the center of the bowl to make the dog eat around it to slow eating. I had to do this with my lab/pit bull mix due to a bloat scare we had...not fun.

You can find a similar bowl online, like these

ProSelect Plastic Slow Feeder Dog Bowls | PetEdge.com

Good luck!

Edit- one thing I also forgot to mention is that you can try feeding him via interactive toys like kongs or buster cubes. Provides a lot of mental excersize and makes it impossible for the dog to eat overly fast.