Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ideal amount of weight to lose?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
ames
Educate, Don't legislate

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
awwww a little porker damn and I been trying hard! Thanks for all the advice and comments, I will keep up our walks and start making him actually TAKE the walk, no matter what.

usually we go for 3-5 milers mid day since I work at 4pm, so its been super hot. I don't get home til 1am so 5:30 is NOT Happening, lol. I will not let him NOT walk anymore, figured the heat and he didn't feel like walking and why should I force him, but I will go ahead and force him, I am not letting him dig his paws in anymore. He is gonna walk if it kills me I also used to let him stop and sniff the roses as many times as he wants. I will try to concentrate on walking and no sightseeing for the most part.

On days we don't go for 3-5 miles, I always take him 3 times a day about a half mile each around our house. We fetch for about a half hour and flirt pole for 15 minutes, maybe I will start increasing that? He then plays with his unbreakoball for about an hour or 2, depending how much time I have. He pants and herds it all over my tiny yard non stop, just loves that thing, but not sure if he gets a work out or just fun out of it? (it also causes him rawness on his toes from clamping it steady with his toe and his face. I hate cause it looks like it hurts so I try not to let him play all day everyday, but he would if he could).

Tye! WOW Penny looked like a whole other dog to me. I hope Mel stays the same to me, sniff sniff, lol. But want him to live long and healthy so no more ice creams after this last pack and I will not make another batch of biscuits for a while. I told Mel this morning. He didn't seem to care.

and is Blue the pup you took a picture of last week or so? On the side of the road? sorry I forget the name but WOW he looked all muscle and no fat! Hard to picture him with weight, lol.

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou

Last edited by ames; 08-04-2011 at 10:00 PM.
ames is offline   Reply With Quote