Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - stamina and endurance????
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
motocross308

motocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninja
motocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninjamotocross308 reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT4LYFE View Post
the #1 thing that came to mind, is swimming. Swimming will not only keep your dog in the best shape possible but your dog will develope more endurance. The reason for that is because your dog is working out every single muscle in his/her body. I take Roxy to the lake about 3 times a week for about 2 hours. i have her on a 50ft leash and I play fetch with her. At first i let her fetch a few times and then after a few times i give her some resistance to make it a bit more challenging for her. I stay there for about 2 hours and she normally takes about 2 breaks on her own in between. As time has passed she has been able to stay at the lake longer and longer i think she is at the point where she could be there all day if i let her. Not only is your dog going to have fun and get one of the best work outs but your pup wont hurt any joints at all, because there is no hard surface or running, or jumping, etc.
This is very true but unfortunatly up here in the frozen north , its gonna get near impossible to take them swimming in a month or 2