Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - In memory of great dogs
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
texasgame
Silver VIP Member

texasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninja
texasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninjatexasgame reputation ninja
I have a dog like this its a long story but i have nothin but time lol. excuse my typing and bad grammer. I have to give you some background for this story for it to make sense this was my 3rd dog to ever own although i cared for my frist two dogs they dident have as much bearing on my life as this one. I come from a big family with 8 other siblings 4 boys and 5 girls, me and my younger brother are the two youngest 3 of us boys are all a yr apart. My younger brother and i were adopted by our grandparents at the age of 10 months due to being very sick oh ya we were both born addicted to cocaine i was 3 mnths premature and he almost lost his life at birth due to being wraped in the embilical cord he had to have a blood transfusin to live but enough of that back to the story. We were raised by our grandparents hardly ever seeing our other family unless they were down on luck or i remember once when my dad we blew out of their trailer house and almost passed so they lived with is awhile. Me and my younger brother had a great childhood i couldent have asked for anything better this is when i got my first two dogs i got in trouble and had saturday school alot in middle school so i read alot of books over dogs and the training of them and got my first two gs and cho cathoula mix. when i was 12 my grandmother passed and a few short minths we were sent to live at cal farleys boys in texas 36 miles from amarillo. we knew of br because every labor day since we culd remember we went out there for their rodeo so we wernt upset and adjusted ok due to everything i guess, that is where i started my carrer riding bulls. I had very bad anger problems while i was out there cuz it was hard with all the other boys and teasing wich i wouldnt stand for so i fought alot lol and ended up talkin the ranch into letting me get a dog it was a blue heeler and border collie cross i got him from a houseparent there. i named him jake he was 3 when i got him and had never been messed with besides when they tried to start him to work cattle and their idea was tying him up in the gate so it dident work and he dident like bein tied up i dident know this and first day go to get him and walk him on a short leash and the **** sucker reached up and bit me on the arm it was more out of fear but i let him know real fast it wouldent work like that lol. me and that dog went everywhere he went to work with me to school to the dining hall if you saw that dog around or in a tree(seriously he would climb trees so the kids couldnt pet him he was scary like that) i was somewhere around close. I ended up getting hooked up with a bordercollie breeder and trainer who worked out there and rode bulls how convient right!! well he ended up takin me under his wing and teaching me with this little dog and he picked up fast and soon became my right hand i dident need help to move stock nymore i jus had to open gates i could even sort with him it was awesome. when i left the ranch after i graduted i went to a college here on a full rodeo scholarship and my dog went with me, mind you i couldnt tie this dog up and he would jjump out of anything if i wasent around so i got in quite a bit of trouble for him bein at the dorms in the back of my pickup or under it if it was hot. i also forgot to add eariler in this story he was scared to death of thunder and lighting. well i got into going to the bar wich was bad with friends and had to tie my dog up to a chain by his dog house at the rodeo grounds wich was jus a 100 yards from campus and one night it rained hard i wasent in town and had noone over there who could get my dog so the next day i went down and his dog house was in water and i couldnt see him so i let out a whistle and no jake i started to panic and ran down there and saw the chain up in the tree well when i saw this my heart dropped i feared the worst my dog had hung and it was my fault, well i looked up and there was jake sittin up there waggin his tail so i took the chain off him and he jumped into my arms and i cried like i was a baby my dog was ok. well tht day i vowed to never chain jake again im not against using chains on dogs but mind you this guy was harry freakin houdini lol. well so next time comes around to go to the bar and i go and whadya know it storms jake was in a horse trailer enclosed excpt the back. well the next day when i get back o go to check on jake and see how the storm treated him and he was gone i spent the next 4 weeks searching every day for my dog i almost flunked out i never found that dog but i will never forget the imprint his paw left on my heart. He was a great friend to a troubled youth who showed me to be paitent with everybody he helped me through some of the toughtest times in my life and i will forever be grateful for the path i walked with that **** good little cowdog named jake. shure miss ya bud and i hope wherever you are lifes treatin you well. and guys i know this was wrong and i know i made a bunch of mistakes and loosing this dog coulda been prevented i was young and stupid and trust me i pay for it everyday when i dnt see jake in the yard so please dont be to harsh on me. I have a lot of good s tories about this dog and our escapades including skunks, getting knocked further by a deer than any bull ever and many more but ive rambled enough hope you enjoy the story if it makes sense im not goin over it lol.
texasgame is offline   Reply With Quote