Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Pit bull discrimination
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
k8nkane
Proud CGC Parent

k8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninja
k8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninjak8nkane reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
Socializing your dog has nothing to do with other dogs, its new places, new surroundings, new people thats what you should focus socializing around. If you have a friend with a suitable dog to play with do private play dates where its alot more controlled and you know the other owners .
This is where I'm going to disagree. I think it's important to socialize your dog to other dogs as it builds valuable communication skills and manners, that way you can walk your dog on the street or go into Petsmart and not have them go ballistic at the sight of another dog because they've never met a dog that looks like that. Unlike what I did though, thinking I could keep socializing Kane to strange dogs throughout his life, I think it's best to keep the strange dog socializing to a minimum once your dog is older than 8-9 months. During that time, they've already built the communication skills and manners they'll need for the rest of their life and at that point, it's best to have them playing with dogs they're familiar with and/or are owned by people you know.
k8nkane is offline   Reply With Quote