Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Pit bull discrimination
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
EckoMac

1x Dog of the Month 1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers
EckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninja
EckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
the only thing with that is how long will it take to breed that trait out? I dont think it can be. Although there are some who dont have DA at all , however how do you tell when it can pop up at any age? You can say at 2 you have never seen any sign and the dog isnt DA at all ,then at 5 it pops up. There is always a 1st for everything, I had dogs live happily together every day for over a year then 1 day it changed, do you want to take the chance that the 1 day it changes is in the dog park with some strangers dog ? Kinda sets the breed as a whole up to fail, they then turn around and go to the media about the vicious pit bull attack ect ect. All it takes is 1 time and there goes your dog , they take him and you never see him again, worth the risk to you? Sure isnt to me. Like I said there are some who never show DA in there life and those owners should be thankful they never have to worry about it, but when it can pop up at any age I think alot of people form this false sense of security. I know I had one , Had my girls all get along thought nothing of it , I took proper measures with my males i knew what they were capable of but my girls? nah they are sweet and love eachother. WRONG. I got a huge wake up call very recently, this after being together problem free for over a year. cost me $2400. I havent mentioned it on here really before ,but I just hope others with young dogs are aware of this issue that can come up and they dont have to find out the hard way. Im lucky what happened went down on my yard and not in some public dog park with witnesses and someone elses dog the victim. Really think it through and decide for yourself if its worth the risk , 1 time is all it takes. Not saying dont take to the park but there are other places to go other then the dog park , go to the lake or go hiking, or on trails or just a people park . If you have enclosed baseball diamonds or lacross rings or tennis courts go when they arent being used and play off leash in there alone , there are always options.

I can't give you any more rep until I spread the love. LOL!
EckoMac is offline   Reply With Quote