Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Treadmill!
Thread: Treadmill!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
ames
Educate, Don't legislate

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
OH NO lol sorry I should have realized that. yeah shipping would cost a bunch and you might want it before next year lol. Probably get stuck in customs and mark you as someone to watch out for with that equipment lol

Here is a vid of my boy on an old 1990's treadmill I have. Some people use harnesses, but I use his collar and keep the leash slack to catch him in case he loses his footing but not enough to constrict him.

To get started I would say "treadmill" and go to it while off, and just ahve him stand and smell it. I would give him cheese and praise for reward. Did that a few times throughout the night. The next day I said treadmill and he hauled ass to jump on it, lol. I then attached him to the leash and told him to get ready and turned it on the slowest function ever. My boy caught right on. I kept it super slow for a couple days, like 5-10 minutes tops. Then I gradually increased the speed. The video has mine at top speed. Told you it was old, lol. I always have a word for when I am turning it on so he is not surprised. Good luck! Just lots of praise and cheese and stick close by in case anything happens. (oh just make sure they use the bathroom before you put them on it. Hasn't happened to me, thank goodness, but I have heard stories, lol) Good Luck! My boy really enjoys it and then has a nice long nap, lol.

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou

ames is offline   Reply With Quote