Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - What do you think my pit's mixed with?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
ames
Educate, Don't legislate

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
you can call your dog anything, BSL would target it as if it was an APBT. People are dumb, just like BSL. I call my dog a mutt and people look at me like I am lying because he is obviously a pit bull. Then take time to explain is how many different breeds are considered a pit bull. I go back and fourth myself so I can see why others are so against calling and labeling a bunch of breeds a pit bull in the sense that the word has evolved to include. If it looks like a pit bull, BSL would target it. BSL does NOT care if you have an APBT or AmBully.

In today;s day, referring to your dog as a pit bull does not mean you have an American Pit Bull Terrier. It means you have a pit in the generic sense of the word. Having a pit bull is the same thing as a pit bull mix and the same thing as a mutt. Neither are a breed. Old school thinkers do not want to accept a pit bull is anything but the true APBT. I respect that, but at some point you gotta just try and reach people while trying to educate them second. If you just educate you may never reach them or get them to see what a great bunch of dogs the many breeds of pit bulls are or can be....

What I am saying is it depends on who you ask and how they feel about APBT, AmStaff, Staffie bulls, pitterstaff's, AmBully, etc all being called a pit bull. They are all their own breed and are bull dogs but most mainstream society refuses to accept that.

Its a horrible catch 22 IMO. you try and join the masses and concede that you own a pit bull and piss off the true APBT owners who have been referring to their breed as a pit from day 1. You try and take a stand and say I have a mutt since a pit bull is its own breed, and you piss off your city or town or landlord who thinks you trying to get one over on them...

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou

ames is offline   Reply With Quote