Go Pitbull Forums banner

Ears????

Tags
ears
2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  SMiGGs 
#1 ·
Hi i have a 4 month old female pit and i was wondering what i could do with her ears sense i did not crop them she always has them down and doesnt look nice so i was wondering if theres any type of taping i could do to hold them up

#4 ·
Natural ears are supposed to be either down in a half prick (flopped over in half) or rose prick (sort of fold over on themselves like a rose). Why would you want to tape them?

#5 ·
I would need to see pictures too. Go to Photobucket or install the app on your phone and upload some pics and then copy and paste the

#6 ·
You can still crop I wouldnt go past 6months personally but some have done it up to a year and even after. Issues with doing them after a year is the cartilage has developed more and can be harder to get them to stand if you opt for longer lengths. Doing it now you shouldnt have issues. I have heard of people taping natural ears to make them stand but if your wanting them to stand upwards with naturals you may end up with a bat looking dog lol, they arent meant to stand this way, they should fold over and flop if you have natural ears.

#8 ·
its all up to you buddy, i didnt know if i should crop my dogs ears because i liked grabbing on them while he slept, but after i cropped his ears i loved em. not that he looks intimidating or mean its a Regal look for the pitbull. But its entirely up to you. not your partner lol

#9 ·
Totally a personal preference. Your girl is right about what society thinks about it, but real lovers of the breed know better. It shows off the head. Very few vets I know within crop past 3 months, I think there must be a good reason for that.

Personally I read and have seen a lot of information about the ears. Besides being a way to show expression there are calming and relaxing spots on the tips of the ears when rubbed can relax and calm your dog. Some believe some don't. really your choice. I could not imagine my boy without ears. I love all the things he tells me with them. Lol

#11 ·
for sure its a personal prefrence. we have 6 here and didnt crop our 1st dog and regret it so much. Some like the natural look though so have to weight out your options. Its hard when they are young cause the ears are so soft and cute but I found looking at adults I was always drawn to the ones who had a nice crop, I agree with above thought it looked so regal.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.