Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - My pitbull ate something, but is acting ok. Should I still take him to the vet?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
angelbaby

Tournaments Won: 1

1x peanuts place supporter 4x Dog of the Month
angelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninja
angelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to angelbaby Send a message via Skype™ to angelbaby
he is most likely fine if it has been a few days. For future there are some things you can do like some will feed bread if they know it was something like chicken bones or something they worry about splintering , the bread is said to cushion the sharp item to help it out . I haven't tried that but heard it works. Another is you need to make the dog vomit something back up is to use peroxide and feed it to him, make sure to do this outside and small amounts , everything will come back up. Use this if it is something toxic that can safely come up , sticks and bones would not count as this .

If there was a blockage or something wrong you would be seeing that , if there is no black or red in his bowel movements,if he isnt straining to take them and is acting , eating , playing normal I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most likely whatever it was has passed fine, you can keep an eye on him and double check over the next couple days that you dont see blood or tar colored Bm's .

I have had a dog eat some unbelievable things and be just fine really depends on the dog some are over sensitive and others seem to have a iron stomach lol.