Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy Food/Not Eating
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
ames
Educate, Don't legislate

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlove161125 View Post
So I'm curious about the adding mositure to a dogs food?
I am a new pit owner, I have a 3 1/2 month old which i have had for about 3 weeks. I have been feeding him Taste of the Wild. I have heard about mixing wet dog food with the dry for meals, but I was never under the impression that it SHOULD be done?
Is it really that benefictical to incorporate "moisture" into a dog's meals?

If so, could i get some ideas on what others do for their puppy/dog meals?
here is the RAW subforum in case you have not found it:
https://www.gopitbull.com/raw-foods/

Here are a few threads so you can see what people feed. I am supposed to feed my boy 3-4 cups of food a day based on the package and his weight. He gets 1 and a half cups a day. Its HALF of what they recommend. LOST of factors decide in how much to give them, they are all different and digest different and you will need to figure out what works best for you. Just mean the food companies are out to have you use up your food faster so you will buy more food and spend more money for them to make a profit. Use the bag as a guideline, not a fact. I also know if we have been going all day I adjust his kibbles. I also know that if I miss training him (I try to train each day for a bit) he isn't getting his training treats and adjust for that as well.

I forget the ACTUAL percentages of water content and didn't find it in a quick search, but I know its here. Dogs typically do not get enough water, or moisture, in their day and could be come dehydrated or have it affect their bodies after a while. Even if they drink a LOT of water, their food is also a great way to get water into them. Regular kibbles have about 8%-20% water content in them. Grain free kibbles have 45%-60% water and RAW feeding is as much as 80%! fish oil is also great to add for their joints and coats. Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) has TONS of advantages to adding to kibbles and so does Pumpkin or Yogurt.

https://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutr...what-feed.html
https://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutr...-you-feed.html

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou

ames is offline   Reply With Quote