Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy Food/Not Eating
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
ladyluck145

ladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninja
ladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninjaladyluck145 reputation ninja
I never got the endoscopy for her, because things improved. As mentioned...she has digestive issues which I now know were genetic.

Anyway my pit just turned 6 this month and she is healthy!

Her 9 brothers and sisters should have also celebrated their 6th birthday. But a while ago, I found out from a 3rd party that all of the other dogs from her litter died under the age of 3 --- which the other owners attributed to their “digestive issues.” Believe it or not --- I most definitely believe my dog's saving grace has been avoiding the grocery store dog foods like Purina and Puppy Chow. Some pits are hearty and can make it living off of anything. But many cannot. By the way, not saying anyone’s dog will have the serious issues my girl experienced.

When you read the forum comments here, it just seems like a whole lot of people's dogs experience hypersensitivity to things...and the dogs end up with other problems like chronic ear infections, skin issues, etc. Vast majority of these ear and skin issues with yeast, bacteria, etc could probably be prevented or significantly reduced by feeding a limited ingredient or grain-free diet.
ladyluck145 is offline   Reply With Quote