Go Pitbull Forums banner

Inexpensive Raised Food Dish Idea.

14K views 33 replies 34 participants last post by  JMS 
#1 ·
I dont know if anything like this has been posted before. I have heard of some deep chested Pitbulls getting bloat from eating out of food dishes on the floor. A friend of mine almost lost his Pitbull to bloat. So, we looked around for raised food dishes but they were either real flimsy, or too expensive. So I just made some.

I just went to Walmart and bought two $3 storage bins of the right height. Then I bought two metal food dishes with wide lips, also at walmart, they were $4 a piece. Then I just cut the appropriate sized hole in the lid of the storage bin and placed the dish in the hole, viola, raised food dish.

You can store your dry dog food in the bins.
(Sorry about the dirty food dishes in the pictures, I do clean them twice a week!!!)

See less See more
#33 ·
Hi. In fact I had German Shepherd who died BECAUSE I raised his dish. His intestines twisted I had no idea what was wrong but he suffered so. It took me a very long time to get over this. My experience with these two guys, a red nose and my American pit, they FLIP the food out on the floor. I guess it's natural I don't think wolves eat off plates lol. Best of luck. This is my first post. Thanks for reading :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.