Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I feeding Lexy enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mikki

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
The puppy food has chicken, the all life stages Orijen you can feed your puppy as well.. It is really up to you as to what you want to do, the puppy food has the highest amount of protein of i believe 40 - 42% depending on the regular or large breed.. Which you would want to do the regular not large.

Price wise don't be shocked, Orijen is one of the most expensive brands out there but also has some of the less mark ups per bag of any brand out there.. Which means you are paying mostly for the quality of ingredients used rather than distribution, advertisement, etc.. Which Orijen does little of by comparison to other companies whom spend millions each year on commercials, billboards and other means of advertising.

But because Orijen does offer some of the best (arguably the best) nutritional values for dry feed, you will be feeding less than you would with TOTW.. However, i would still start out by around a cup a day either way and see how it goes.. Add more or less depending on how your pup reacts.

Typically, these type of feeds are best for working animals (rich feeds) however in order to be as close to biologically appropriate as possible, the amount of meat needed in dry feeds and the way it is processed into kibble equals higher amounts of protein than single or 2 - 3 sources of meat.

I have actually started ordering my feed through Chewy as the prices are very reasonable, Regional Red is $86.99 for 29.7lbs. The last order was messed up through the labor day holiday and delayed, the only time i've had issues with them thus far after using them for about 5 orders now..

The customer service representatives had also got some mix ups when talking to them about delivery, as an apology the company is refunding my $87 from this past order and shipping me 2 bags of their 15.4 pound Regional Reds free of charge. I also received a personal email apologizing as well, the little things and the going out of their way to ensure satisfaction as far as im concerned is high for a company that size.

So check prices for both your area and online, if you need to order online i recommend Chewy, also free shipping over $49.

I usually like to promote and help local businesses however theres only one place in town that sells Orijen and they are high, the place i used to get my feed from i had to drive an hour away to get it.. With gas prices, looked else where.
Okay I just bought a trial size of the puppy not large breed since I remember reading they are medium breeds for 2.99. Gonna try it now just wanna make sure she's not allergic to chicken or anything. Should I do 50 Orijen and 50 TOTW pacific stream puppy? Dammit I forgot to check price of bigger bags! Was in a rush cuz Lexy had to pee hehe
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote