Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I feeding Lexy enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
KMdogs
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
Okay I just bought a trial size of the puppy not large breed since I remember reading they are medium breeds for 2.99. Gonna try it now just wanna make sure she's not allergic to chicken or anything. Should I do 50 Orijen and 50 TOTW pacific stream puppy? Dammit I forgot to check price of bigger bags! Was in a rush cuz Lexy had to pee hehe
Well it usually takes a few weeks to a few months for allergic reactions to happen if in the event she is allergic to chicken or any ingredient. The trial size wont be long enough to truly know anything.

As to switching over, the generalized accepted approach is 25% new 75% old for a few days, then 50 - 50, 75 - 25 then after 7 - 10 days you are on 100% new food.

However, all dogs are different and when switching from a lower quality to a higher quality, you can just do a "cold switch" even though most don't recommend it because it is less harsh on the digestive track and stomach..

However being that young, i would probably just do either the "recommended" methods or do 50 - 50 for a few days, 75 - 50 for a few days and by sunday 100% on Orijen.

Whatever your comfortable with really.

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote