Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I feeding Lexy enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
KMdogs
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
I figured if she cold switched from Authority? which the guy I got her from fed her to Iams the first night I got her (cuz Target was only place open) and then totw the day after and her stool was always firm no diarrhea at all, she can do the 50/50 so I did 1/3 cup of totw and lil less than 1/3 cup of the orijen now so I'll see how her stool is tonight. She gobbled it all down as usual lol. I guess I'll be returning the 15 lb totw puppy my mom bought (unopened). tysm for all the info! I had a feeling totw didn't have enough protein and that there could be something better for her out there besides raw!
TOTW has enough protein, that isn't so much the issue as the quality of ingredients used. An excellent feed doesn't have to have 36%+ protein to be superior, most of Acana lines have 30 - 33%.

But i'm glad i could help. If the stool is loose give it a few days where your at, sometimes more sensitive dogs take a little longer on richer feeds to adjust and the stool to come out how it should.

Your mom had the right idea for food, just needed to do a little more research.

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote