Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I feeding Lexy enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mikki

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
Yes generally with higher protein diets you will need to up the water intake slightly, by how much will vary dog to dog.

Being sure you remove the water over night or while you are gone in the crate, will limit her having accidents in her crate. Also how big is the crate? It should only be enough room to sit, stand, turn around and lay down, any more room than that and the likely hood is increased as to the amount of accidents she will have.

Also be sure you take her out really well before you put her in bed, at that age any longer than 4 - 5 hours and shes really got to go, you'll need to adjust your schedule and availability for her for a while especially.. She doesn't have the strength to hold it when she has to go any where near as long as an adult dog.

The times are really up to you, as a pup you want to be as consistent as possible with feedings so whatever time works for you works for her.
Jeez so much water spilled out her bed -_- like as if she peed on it 5+ times!!!! lol. I used to have a bigger crate for her but I got a small one just big enough for her bed and to stand and turn and she still pees =/ Maybe I will stay up later with her. she usually starts going in her crate to sleep at 8:30ish but cries when I leave her at 9. So maybe I'll stay till 10-11. Her bottom tummy area was so wet this morning but I woke her up before she woke up. Maybe I'll take her water away 2 hrs before bed. I just wanna make sure she has enough water from all the protein I feel bad when she's looking for her water after I take it away before bed =[
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote