Go Pitbull Forums banner

help my pup is walking funny

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JoKealoha 
#1 · (Edited)
hello everyone i have a 10 week old, american bully pup. i got him at 9 weeks old and.he is a great addition to the family, i work 60 hours a week so i only really spend qualtiy time with him on the weekends wgile the rest of the family house trains him during the week. anyways i took him for a walk today to try and leash train him a little and we walked with no problems about 1/4 mile, on the way back home i noticed his legs started to.fold.back (from the rist to the paw) as he walked and started limping, as soon as i noticed i carryed.him untill we got into the front yard and he seemed to walk fine again, after his nap we went in the back yard to play and his front legsbegan doing this again, then when he rests they become "normal" is my pup ok or is he lacking calcium? does he have rickets? did i just over work the poor guy? any input is appreciated

Here is a pic of him after his nap where his legs seem to be "normal"

See less See more
#2 ·
Cute dog. I am not sure what it could be. I guess I would just keep an eye on him and see when he is doing it. He could just be overworked. Let him rest and see if he reverts back to doing this. Why would you suspect that he was low in calcium? What are you feeding him?

#3 ·
Thank you, ill keep an eye on him. I thought of calcium because of generic google search stating my problem, and someone seemed to have the same problem with a doberman and said it was low on calcium because the muscle is growing quicker then the bone. Im feeding him pedegree puppy food, but learened today its no good for him, i bought some evo at the local pet store and it came to $46 for a 12lb bag! Im going to wein him off pedegree to this evo food, then wein him again onto taste of the wild.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.