Go Pitbull Forums banner

advice needed, vet did nothing for us

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  performanceknls 
#1 ·
my girl ice is a 8 mo old blue fawn, a few days ago she started getting little bums under her skin and her coat became patchy. i took ice to the vet, he gave her a steroid shot and told me it was biting flies (sounded like bs to me but ok) ice stopped scratching for a day. since then her coat has gotten worse, there is now redness around her mouth, and a bump on her eyelid. i rather not take her back to the vet who essentially did nothing. i read someone suggested acv, and other natural remedies but didn't specify the procedure.

#3 ·
Sounds more like demodex mange.

Few questions

How long has it been going on?

How old is your pup?

Did you get vaccines recently (within the last few months)? If so how many and when?

What is your dog eating?

Last question can you post pictures?

If you can answer these for me I can start to make suggestions. It could be mange, a food or contact allergy, or something like a staff infection.

#4 ·
I wouldn't say that vet did nothing. Diagnosing things isn't an exact science. Just because he didn't get it right on the first visit doesn't mean that with these new symptoms that you shouldn't go back.

#7 ·
I would not offer a diagnosis over a single post without any pictures. Everyone above posted possible causes cause seriously it could be many things. To the OP I would not just start the dog on something without knowing for sure what it is.

I would GUESS it is an allergy or what PK suggested. when they vet said was flea bites did you check to see if any fleas are present? and if so did you treat to kill fleas? My girl gets HUGE welts and bumps from fleas , she has an allergy to them.

I would either go back to the vet so they can see the change and go from there or try a new vet. If it is mange a simple skin scrape will tell you and you can treat from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.