Go Pitbull Forums banner

UPDATE: Potty Training is more successful!!!

898 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jodeye79 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am happy to report that the potty training is going so much better after all of the feedback I've gotten from you!!!

Maya is out of her crate way more than in...only in for sleeping/naps and if she gets too "bitey" and "out of control" for a short time out.

Only one accident today and it was our fault as she was yipping and we mistook it for wanting attention rather than going out. Two accidents yesterday...one was when I came home for work and she greeted me with excitement and a nice potty at my feet!!!

We haven't had any accidents in the crate since we've switched up how we're doing things. Maya spends time out on her own in the yard, which helps get some pent up energy out.

Last night, she did not need to go outside in the middle of the night for a potty break (FIRST NIGHT EVER!!!!), so I'm hoping that means the UTI is getting better. Today was day 6 of 14 on the antibiotic.

Thanks again for all the help...this is such a great community!!!

#4 ·
very exciting it seems to be getting better! That's why puppies are cute, you would boot their butts out if they were not lol

#5 ·
Thanks all!!! Yep, Ms. Maya is a happy girl.

We are still working out the kinks, but no more than a couple accidents in the house a day. Today my housemate and I went to a movie and had to leave the pup in her crate for 3 1/2 hours...a little too long as I came home to an accident :/ Not Maya's fault, but still a tiny bit frustrating!

Other than that, we're a happy group!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.