Go Pitbull Forums banner

Coyote&Pitbull

3K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  Odin`s_BlueDragon 
#1 ·
Ok so I just moved and the coyote population is ridiculous. I can hear them every night today I heard them 3 times. One came into my yard where my pup (11 months) was on her tie out waiting for me to let her in the garage. A coyote came and tried to play chase to get her into the thick weeded area. My dog barked at it and sat by the back door. She would not leave from by the deck. I came out and and threw a brick (yes a brick lol) and the coyote ran. A couple hours later the same coyote came and nipped at the back of my dogs leg. (No skin was broken) and that's when my dog went crazy. She grabbed the coyote and did not want to let go. I get outside and yell and my dog lets go and coyote runs... Long story short is there anything I should do or anybody I should call to help with this problem? Please comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
#3 ·
Yeah. I think we're looking to get a .22 rifle. I'm honestly tired of it. My mom's chow looks into the weeded area and just lays down starring waiting for a coyote to come out. If I see one its gonna be its time to go. I feel like once the population starts to be controlled by people they with stop coming in to mess with dogs and cats.

#12 ·
It may be beneficial to go ahead and get a more expensive one as they are not cheaply made usually. Welded kennels are really best especially when your not sure if you have a kennel chewer, digger, or jumper. A friend of mine got one from the K9kennelstore and is really happy with it her escape artist is contained.

#14 ·
Get a gun? What is your dog and how is the functionsl abilities of the structure and mind.. Train to dispatch on the yotes and be done with it.. If the dog was willing and is able, successful.. Shoot, get it done and its a win win, dog and you

#15 ·
22 longs and ammo are cheap and can be had at walmart, mostly likely on sale now that xmas is over. seriously its like $20 for 500 rounds

#23 ·
That would be the best day for her! She has cancer and is being put down Monday but she would love to go coyote hunting to cross off her bucket list! Sucks putting down a dog who is sound in the mind but the body is just not cooperating.

#27 ·
Get you a .22 rimshot rifle or a .410 shot gun.. cheap and can kill just about anything with those two..

Follow anything and everything I've said about coyotes.. go to search and put in my name and coyote. .. They aren't playing chase.. they are taunting the dogs to come out and get devoured by 3 or 5 more usually. Condition your dog and follow all the tips and hints on that, then especially in the fall-spring hunt with your dogs and dont shoot the one hes fighting shoot the others running around in the flanks and outter circle, you'll see. Usually if you got a .410 you let the dog get one and your hot on his heals and you get the others as they run away :) harvest like a deer and BAM! you got dog food :pupruns: Or your gonna be burrying a LOT of coyotes cause the ones that get away will sneak back, they may run through 40mph without a sound cause they have to get through, but if you create the reckonging by letting your bulldog be a bulldog with that thunderstick covering his backside then... well you wont have a coyote problem.. Most neighbors will commend you for it if they find out why they disappeared and dont come around in packs anymore.

Vermin predators and scavangers.. they are most like Jackals and a offshoot of that genetic pool.

#29 ·
Get you a .22 rimshot rifle or a .410 shot gun.. cheap and can kill just about anything with those two..

Follow anything and everything I've said about coyotes.. go to search and put in my name and coyote. .. They aren't playing chase.. they are taunting the dogs to come out and get devoured by 3 or 5 more usually. Condition your dog and follow all the tips and hints on that, then especially in the fall-spring hunt with your dogs and dont shoot the one hes fighting shoot the others running around in the flanks and outter circle, you'll see. Usually if you got a .410 you let the dog get one and your hot on his heals and you get the others as they run away :) harvest like a deer and BAM! you got dog food :pupruns: Or your gonna be burrying a LOT of coyotes cause the ones that get away will sneak back, they may run through 40mph without a sound cause they have to get through, but if you create the reckonging by letting your bulldog be a bulldog with that thunderstick covering his backside then... well you wont have a coyote problem.. Most neighbors will commend you for it if they find out why they disappeared and dont come around in packs anymore.

Vermin predators and scavangers.. they are most like Jackals and a offshoot of that genetic pool.
Goes back to OP.. Get it done.

#36 ·
Couldnt address the treadmill, I run with my dogs. spring poles are great for training commands and excercise; between 2am and 7am are the best time generally, although right about dusk into an hour after dark is a good time too. Yeah I've run across dens and even a freshly killed porcupine being eating belly first on one occassion (wolves are the only predator that can succesfully kill porcupines in N.America.) With the dogs as drones they are seeking for game to catch and me shortly behind predators are clear on who is being hunted. :) Start small with the ones that cross your path and your yard. Go hunting after your dog is seasoned from protecting the land and looking out on walks and treks.

#37 ·
I'm going to have to find a trail out here. I know a trail that's about 5 miles long and have the coyotes in there. I used to walk that trail from time to time with my Rottweiler but people who usually walk there dogs on there are dogs that try to be dominant. My dog hates a dog that tries to make her submit to them. I think that's how you say it. Lol but all of that is besides the point. But how do you put a spring pole on a tree when the branches are all the way at the top of the tree? It's maybe like 15-20ft

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.