Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - weight collar?
Thread: weight collar?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
roleary

roleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the roughroleary is a jewel in the rough
Ive come across much condemning of the weight collars as well, but usually it was the form of condemning the use of weight on the neck as a substitute for any type of work or exercise, such as tying your dog up with weight on its neck all day. However some common sense leads me to think that adding 2-3 pounds to a grown dogs neck/shoulder area for ten minutes while on the mill or walking would certainly build some form of defining muscles... or else why would it have been a common practice since the early migrant dogs from the england and ireland and still practiced by many show people? I guess it comes down to weather or not it actually causes harm, and surely extended periods spent weighted would, however I am guessing (not positive) that short workouts with weighted neck, in conjunction with weight pull and spring pole work, would really cause no harm.
roleary is offline   Reply With Quote