Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Trimming nails
Thread: Trimming nails
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
jmejiaa
Silver VIP Member

1x peanuts place supporter
jmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninja
jmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninjajmejiaa reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tap Pits View Post
I used to pet the dogs with the clippers from the time they were pups. I also spent lots of time just getting them adjusted to me touching them anywhere on their body. Try petting the dog with the clippers slowly working down to its paws. Are u using clippers or a grinder?

I just walk them on concrete. It naturally grinds down the nails..
I can try petting her with them, she'd probably be ok with that but once I go toward her legs she'll get out of there asap.

I walk her and her back nails are actually very short but the fronts don't seen to trim down front walks... I walk her a little over a mile or more if I'm in for a longer walk at least 4-5 times a week, maybe that isn't enough...

I have the clipper ane grinder, and even tried with a nail file and should would allow it for a bit until she realized what was really going on...