Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - my pitty having skin fur problem
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cain's Mom
Silver VIP Member

Cain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninja
Cain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninja
Well it took Cain a while to completely clear up. But I did different proteins to find the one that worked best for him. Results of switching food can take a few weeks. He was on a fish formula for a few months and was better but still not good. My grain free offers three proteins, I wound up at beef and its worked the best. I just have to watch what else I give great wise. We had to cut out everything and I make sure to check everything he gets before I buy. I've started making my own dehydrated treats for him that he loves. He stopped shaking his head within about a week to 2 weeks if I remember right. And the redness cleared up over a few weeks and his hair came back where he'd lost some around his eyes. Cain has a flea allergy-I think and my vet thinks also- and he's been scratching himself raw and getting some lumps. Fleas have been bad this year and i finally have them under control. I use cortisone cream on him and it instantly helped. You could try that and see if that helps with itching. I'm sure others will chime in with other options and suggestions also.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Cain's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote