how to start my own blood line - Page 2 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

           
   

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > General Pitbull Forums > Bloodline Discussion



GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Posts: 21

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac


There are currently users online.

Advertisements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Silence's Avatar
 

Silence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninja
Silence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninjaSilence reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to Silence
The best way to get in to breeding dogs is showing dogs first. Learning structure, conformation and faults, etc. Learning bloodlines, why the dogs were bred, why they were bred together and what the goal was for the litters.
Why just breed 2 dogs together when you know nothing about the structure, soundness and temperaments of the lineage of the dogs youre trying to breed?
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member
 
Patch-O-Pits's Avatar
 

Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
How I'd recommend starting:

- Get yourself 10-15 years of experience with the breed
( show, work, get a lot of hands on with training and learning about bloodlines)

- Learn the standard inside and out

- Get a mentor

- Make goals

- Make sure you start with good solid breeding stock

And, then it will still take a number of years for you to develop your own bloodline
__________________
Patch O' Pits,
In Pursuit O' Perfection...
Home to GRCH, CH, Agility, Working Therapy APBTs


Patch-O-Pits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Kathleen's Avatar
 

Kathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninja
Kathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninja
I agree, Patch O Pits, but I think if someone does their research well enough, goes to shows, has a mentor, then 2 to 3 years should be sufficient.

It also takes 'hands-on' experience. Own a particular bloodline or two.. to see what is worth it, depending on goals.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Kathleen's Avatar
 

Kathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninja
Kathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninjaKathleen reputation ninja
Please note:.. I didn't mean, after 2 to 3 years, you're a breeder...
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member
 
william williamson's Avatar
 

william williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninja
william williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninja
were you to ask that of some of the named breeders of top game dogs,about 1/2 would tell you good luck.and 1/4 would tell you they could have found better things to do, and just sport the dogs of others.
A bloodline,at the minimum is about 75% chance, 15% luck and 10% good blood.
some of the best dogs were from bred out of bloodline breeding.when folks were just looking for an infusion or what we called A nic.
it's A whole lot more than just A few generations.
william williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member
 
Patch-O-Pits's Avatar
 

Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
The breed is a constant learning experience... Breeding should not be taken lightly whether you are striving for your own line or have some other goals in mind. Too many jump right into it having no clue. Just my opinion of course.
__________________
Patch O' Pits,
In Pursuit O' Perfection...
Home to GRCH, CH, Agility, Working Therapy APBTs


Patch-O-Pits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blood, line, start



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull