Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums (https://www.gopitbull.com/index.php)
-   Bloodline Discussion (https://www.gopitbull.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   is it pit or not?? (https://www.gopitbull.com/showthread.php?t=90090)

OldDog 09-15-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Missy~ (Post 938114)
Not sure what part of my comment is wrong...plz elaborate? We all know where they all came from....



Your claim that the APBT and AST were interbred to get the AmBully , the APBT and AST are derived from the exact same genetic material in the first place.

And ashcan that snotty " we all know where they came from" , because apparently you don't.

Sarah~ 09-15-2013 10:04 AM

So the AmBully and APBT and AST all came from the same dogs, so what all did they put in to get AmBullies? Just curious, since I thought the same thing Missy did til I read through here. You guys mentioned English Bulldogs, anything else? And while I'm at it, I keep seeing some people say that APBTs were not crosses between bulldogs and terriers. Everything else I've looked up on APBTs (Wikipedia and such, mostly online stuff so this could be false) says they were. So unless I read what those people were saying wrong (very possible) what makes you guys say that? Not trying to start an argument or drama, just wanting to learn a little history on the breed. If my question is dumb, I apologize. I'm just feeling a bit confused reading one story and then another.

Edit: If the answer to my question is too long or better answered in private, feel free to pm.

surfer 09-15-2013 12:54 PM

myself, i dont know where they really came from..............
england, ireland, or somewhere.
i agree there had to be a 'core' of dogs to be consistant,

but once we got them here and really developed what we see today.

in other words, we took the ball and ran with it.

Sarah~ 09-15-2013 03:24 PM

It's interesting to see the different stories... When I was researching the history of the German shepherd before I got one, it was "this happened, this happened, and the GSD was created". But the GSD is a much newer breed, I'm sure that makes a difference.

rocthebully 09-15-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfer (Post 938234)
myself, i dont know where they really came from..............
england, ireland, or somewhere.
i agree there had to be a 'core' of dogs to be consistant,

but once we got them here and really developed what we see today.

in other words, we took the ball and ran with it.

On bullypedia it said a lot of them were from ireland, I think only the people who created the apbt and am.bully really know what went In to these dogs of course but I'm also confused but there was a lot of good points and info and I'm sure a few people learned a lil in this thread

~Missy~ 09-16-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDog (Post 938202)
Your claim that the APBT and AST were interbred to get the AmBully , the APBT and AST are derived from the exact same genetic material in the first place.

And ashcan that snotty " we all know where they came from" , because apparently you don't.

The American Bully derived from crossing the ADBA APBT and the UKC AST. More breeds have be introduced in since the original breedings started. Yes they are ALL derived from the same genetic material, but I'm sure you are aware that the ADBA APBTS and the UKC ASTs have different structures.

DieselsMommie 09-16-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Missy~ (Post 939010)
The American Bully derived from crossing the ADBA APBT and the UKC AST. More breeds have be introduced in since the original breedings started. Yes they are ALL derived from the same genetic material, but I'm sure you are aware that the ADBA APBTS and the UKC ASTs have different structures.

Isn't UKC APBT & AKC is AST?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Coyne1981 09-16-2013 12:48 AM

Well, that is what Wilson said he did. An AST and APBT. And purple rose of cairo is what he bred as "razors edge". After that, all kinds of things hit the fan. And you have all kinds of mixes for the am bully. But, unless you know something about the american bully thats some top secret thing. I dont think you have any way to tell us what they originally started from Old Dog.

OldDog 09-16-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Missy~ (Post 939010)
The American Bully derived from crossing the ADBA APBT and the UKC AST. More breeds have be introduced in since the original breedings started. Yes they are ALL derived from the same genetic material, but I'm sure you are aware that the ADBA APBTS and the UKC ASTs have different structures.


Nahhhh , in better than four decades of involvement with these dogs I guess I missed all that. I wouldn't know anything whatsoever about the ADBA dogs as opposed to the UKC/AKC dogs.

Nope wouldn't know a thing.........

~Missy~ 09-16-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselsMommie (Post 939034)
Isn't UKC APBT & AKC is AST?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lol, yes....I was trying to say AKC AST and UKC APBT...got all mixed up.

~Missy~ 09-16-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDog (Post 939082)
Nahhhh , in better than four decades of involvement with these dogs I guess I missed all that. I wouldn't know anything whatsoever about the ADBA dogs as opposed to the UKC/AKC dogs.

Nope wouldn't know a thing.........

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know anything. But, I'll just shut up now, beings I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. :)

OldDog 09-16-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyne1981 (Post 939066)
Well, that is what Wilson said he did. An AST and APBT. And purple rose of cairo is what he bred as "razors edge". After that, all kinds of things hit the fan. And you have all kinds of mixes for the am bully. But, unless you know something about the american bully thats some top secret thing. I dont think you have any way to tell us what they originally started from Old Dog.



ROTFLMAO...they originally started with APBts and crossed in a buncha crap for the marketplace and the latest Fad.

And the whole concept of a " crossbred between OKC/AKC ( or ADBA for that matter) is nothing more than a freaking red herring , since the ADBA , AKC and UKC dogs ***ALL*** go back to the same base stock anyway.

And frankly ya damn straight a buncha things got crossed , when you take into account the variances in phenotype and structure etc within the " Bullys" a HELL of a lot of other stuff got crossed in.

Just Tap Pits 09-16-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselsMommie (Post 939034)
Isn't UKC APBT & AKC is AST?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Yes ma'am as far as I know. Akc does am staffs....

Coyne1981 09-16-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDog (Post 939106)
ROTFLMAO...they originally started with APBts and crossed in a buncha crap for the marketplace and the latest Fad.

And the whole concept of a " crossbred between OKC/AKC ( or ADBA for that matter) is nothing more than a freaking red herring , since the ADBA , AKC and UKC dogs ***ALL*** go back to the same base stock anyway.

And frankly ya damn straight a buncha things got crossed , when you take into account the variances in phenotype and structure etc within the " Bullys" a HELL of a lot of other stuff got crossed in.

So, YOU DONT KNOW then. What is the purpose of telling Missy she is wrong?

OldDog 09-16-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyne1981 (Post 939130)
So, YOU DONT KNOW then. What is the purpose of telling Missy she is wrong?


The purpose is THAT she's in error you blithering Berk , to " cross" the AST and the UKC APBt will and would end up with nothing but more of the same , folks have been crossing those lines back and forth since the AKC went to the ASts.

To reach to differences in phenotype achieved in the short time frame it was done in necessitates outcrosses to different breeds.

And YEAH I do KNOW where a buncha the bodies are buried on this , just as with the big weightpull dogs , so take your " YOU DONT KNOW" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine , in the future if you want sugar when someone is in error then go buy some snickerdoodles.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull