I want to start my own bully kennel - Page 2 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Dreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninja
Dreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninjaDreamer reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post
Not every APBT breeder is great either! Please stop acting like the American Bully is different than other dogs. There are some good reputable breeders of the American bully just like there are bad ones. Not sure why you feel the need to single out one breed then try and correct yourself saying several others. there are many BYBers ALL breeds. Not sure of your age and maybe this is the only breed you have seen ruined by breeders first hand. Sadly it won't be your last.

Sent from Petguide.com App
I SAID:

Sad to observe that it doesn't work that way with bullies (and to be honest, with several other breeds, but from what I've seen, the bully breeders have elevated it to a very fine art).
My observation IS that the bully "breeders" are very good at doing it all wrong -- and still profiting greatly. My observation, my opinion.

You know, the Warlock and Kimbertal Doberman crazes, along with the King Shepherd fad didn't hold a candle to what the bully people are doing. Give 'em credit -- they are VERY good.

Last edited by Dreamer; 01-06-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: had another thought
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Just Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninja
Just Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninja
Are we going off websites or real money excahnges?? Websites say one thing phone calls, e mails, cash, amd money orders usually say different.... idk of more than a couple ppl to pay that stupid $ for them dogs....
Just Tap Pits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Educate, Don't legislate

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I SAID:

Sad to observe that it doesn't work that way with bullies (and to be honest, with several other breeds, but from what I've seen, the bully breeders have elevated it to a very fine art).
My observation IS that the bully "breeders" are very good at doing it all wrong -- and still profiting greatly. My observation, my opinion.

You know, the Warlock and Kimbertal Doberman crazes, along with the King Shepherd fad didn't hold a candle to what the bully people are doing. Give 'em credit -- they are VERY good.
I addressed your off hand elaboration of your statement in what I posted. There are bully breeders doing it correctly. That's all I am saying. There is a chow that has a 50k stud fee. Saying "bully breeders are doing it wrong" is the same as the media saying all pit bulls are vicious. Generalizations suck. Not all breeders are bad.

Sent from Petguide.com App

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou

Last edited by ames; 01-06-2014 at 11:25 PM.
ames is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

rocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninja
rocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninjarocthebully reputation ninja
How many times can you breed your stud ?? Cause Mr. Magoo's owner said he breeds him at least 5 times a week for $5000 a pop , and thats outside he still has like 4-5 bitches on his yard that he breeds to Magoo , is that to much? And what's sad is he talks about all the money he makes and he also said if people say they don't care about the money there lying. (I completely disagree) when I saw that video I felt bad for his dogs cause he don't even feed them good and he says it himself ! All that money and can't feed his dogs decent kibble ...
rocthebully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

Goemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninja
Goemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninjaGoemon reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadebully85 View Post
First and foremost I am a huge pit bull lover especially bullies. I'm an electrician but I want to start generating some more income on the side but want to do so with something that I know I will give 150% into seeing it through. After a lot of researching I realized I love pit bulls and would like to dedicate myself to building a successful kennel. Please any advice helps
I accidentally clicked on here and then saw this thread. After reading it I can't help but post.

All the others said it correctly, and I have nothing to add on what they said.

However, you have one thing wrong. The American (pit) Bull Terrier IS NOT A BULLY!
When I saw you typed "pitbull" I already knew you were on the wrong path.
No kennel that breeds true ApBTs will ever compare the breed to a bully. Different breeds.

So whatever researching you were doing is all wrong, from the get-go.
The ApBT is traditionally a Pit Dog, which the bully can never be, due to its poor structure and lack of gameness.

So my advice is, before you start a kennel, is to know the difference between the two breeds.
What do you desire? A bully or an ApBT? Not the same.

Next, re-read what everyone else posted!

Finally, you should know the saying, "Never trust anyone who breeds dogs for a living!"
Are you willing to cull in order to keep the dogs top quality?
Because when bill time comes, and you see you have a bunch of rejects, are you gonna cull them, or sell them to pay the bills?

(For the record, none of my post was said to offend any of you bully owners!)
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthebully View Post
How many times can you breed your stud ?? Cause Mr. Magoo's owner said he breeds him at least 5 times a week for $5000 a pop , and thats outside he still has like 4-5 bitches on his yard that he breeds to Magoo , is that to much? And what's sad is he talks about all the money he makes and he also said if people say they don't care about the money there lying. (I completely disagree) when I saw that video I felt bad for his dogs cause he don't even feed them good and he says it himself ! All that money and can't feed his dogs decent kibble ...
Just look at Ferguson's Centipede or Dibo....bred countless times. There is no limit.
However, when a somebody breeds a bitch countless times, they show they have no morals!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post
Not sure of your age and maybe this is the only breed you have seen ruined by breeders first hand.

So, there WAS a time of mainly good, reputable breeders of bullies in the first place and THAT has now become ruined by the breeders of today?

Really?
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement