I was told he's a bully... - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

neph01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was told he's a bully...

So I received this handsome lil guy at 7 weeks he came with the name Rambo I was given a quick run down about his tragic background (only survivor on the litter, even moms passed) but I was told he's a bully. Mom was short and stocky and dad is a little bit taller than mom and is more stocky they said he's going to be about 60-70 pounds, he just made 12weeks the pictures are just couple weeks apart! I'd really like some feedback as to see if he's a bully or regular pit regardless that's my champ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neph01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

1x Dog of the Month 1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers
EckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninja
EckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninjaEckoMac reputation ninja
Looks pretty bully. But without a ped there's no real way to know.
I hope you stay on for awhile. I would love to see how he turns out when he's grown.

"i can explain it to you, but i can't understand it for you."
EckoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EckoMac View Post
Looks pretty bully. But without a ped there's no real way to know.
I hope you stay on for awhile. I would love to see how he turns out when he's grown.

No worries I'm here to stay, I appreciate the feed back any advice on food? I've been told puppy food (of course) but large breed

Old 08-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gold VIP Member

DynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninja
DynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninjaDynamicDuo reputation ninja
Be careful with large breed puppy food. These foods can have too much protein in them, believe it or not, that cause the dogs to grow too fast resulting in knuckling. I've fed mine Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream or High Prairie since they came home with me more or less and they have done very well. It's an all stages food (puppy through elderly) and decently priced. Personally, I would stay away from anything large breed.

~Jess

"If you treat your dog like a human, they’ll treat you like a dog."
DynamicDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neph01 View Post
No worries I'm here to stay, I appreciate the feed back any advice on food? I've been told puppy food (of course) but large breed

12weeks most recent picture

Old 08-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaramama View Post
Be careful with large breed puppy food. These foods can have too much protein in them, believe it or not, that cause the dogs to grow too fast resulting in knuckling. I've fed mine Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream or High Prairie since they came home with me more or less and they have done very well. It's an all stages food (puppy through elderly) and decently priced. Personally, I would stay away from anything large breed.

~Jess

Thank you so much, Rambo and myself appreciate it

Old 08-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaramama View Post

~Jess

So should I just allow him to finish the bag I have now and then switch him to one you recommend?

Old 08-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gold VIP Member

That's totally up to you. I would let him finish what he has, it's not going to hurt him and why waste the food. Then you can switch him to the ToTW or any other solid dog food brand. You can check out ratings on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor. My only thought is to stay away from large breed and puppy foods. The high protein content in these foods tend to make the bull breeds grow too fast for their own bodies.

"If you treat your dog like a human, they’ll treat you like a dog."
DynamicDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Get the new food now. Transition slowly from one to the other so there's no cannon butt.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cool I appreciate y'all for the help, glad I posted! I definitely don't want cannon butt (not a fan of that clean up) haha

Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Get the new food now. Transition slowly from one to the other so there's no cannon butt.

Do you also have any suggestions? On types of food?

Old 08-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Taste of the Wild is popular among kibble feeders. I feed it to my female because it's fairly inexpensive and is a decent grain free food. I was feeding 4Health, but the drive to Tractor Supply was becoming inconvenient. Diamond makes both brands and has a fairly good reputation.

And no one likes cleaning up after cannon butt. LOL

Old 08-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Taste of the Wild is popular among kibble feeders. I feed it to my female because it's fairly inexpensive and is a decent grain free food. I was feeding 4Health, but the drive to Tractor Supply was becoming inconvenient. Diamond makes both brands and has a fairly good reputation.

And no one likes cleaning up after cannon butt. LOL

Awesome yeah I'm actually going to pick up the food in a little bit!

Cannon butt is a NO NO lol

Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

BAEBULLYS is an unknown quantity at this point
hallo just new on this forum i have american bullys; and yours deff. looks like one! a pitty it doesnt have a pedigree, but the looks for sure!
BAEBULLYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Oneofakind77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
"Cannon butt" I love it! When it happens to Kane we call it:
Runny Butt...Too funny

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oneofakind77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement