New bully pup owner. :) - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

winwin is an unknown quantity at this point
New bully pup owner. :)

Hey guys, I just recently got a bully puppy and I'd like to ask a few questions. Aside from dog food and multivitamins, do I need to give my pup something else? Also, with regards to ear cropping, can you guys suggest a crop style that would look good on my pup? Thanks!

Last edited by winwin; 04-02-2013 at 06:00 PM.
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bellaraemom is an unknown quantity at this point

He's so cute! We are new owners also, so I have no food suggestions about that, but I really hope some people chime in and encourage you not to crop.
They look so much cuter intact!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Bellaraemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member

Cain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninja
Cain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninjaCain's Mom reputation ninja

Check under health and nutrition stickies for food. There's a thread called food rating guide or chart. That should help you out.

As for crops there are lots of threads on here about that also. You want to find a vet and see pictures of their work that they've done.

Cain's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaraemom View Post
He's so cute! We are new owners also, so I have no food suggestions about that, but I really hope some people chime in and encourage you not to crop.
They look so much cuter intact!

Well they do look pretty cute now that he's still a puppy, but when he's already grown up, the ears just don't look right anymore, also I plane on showing him and cropped looks a lot better IMO.

I was watching a dog fashion show in a mall and was forced to join cus all the people were coming near my pup, though all the other contestants were toy breeds, my pup won "most adorable" award.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain's Mom View Post
Check under health and nutrition stickies for food. There's a thread called food rating guide or chart. That should help you out.

As for crops there are lots of threads on here about that also. You want to find a vet and see pictures of their work that they've done.

I did ask the vet for previous jobs and he seems to be doing good, also, I'm asking what would look good specifically on my puppy with his facial features.

As for the food, maybe my question wasn't so clear, I wasn't asking for any kind of dog food as I have a very limited choice where I live, I'm asking if I need other vitamins and supplements for my pup.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwin View Post
I did ask the vet for previous jobs and he seems to be doing good, also, I'm asking what would look good specifically on my puppy with his facial features.

As for the food, maybe my question wasn't so clear, I wasn't asking for any kind of dog food as I have a very limited choice where I live, I'm asking if I need other vitamins and supplements for my pup.
Ingredients are what you'll want to look at. I personally use 4Health from Tractor Supply Co. It's grain free. Acana and Orijen are really good brands but a little more pricy. The guide as I stated above has lots of different brands listed in it also and I believe have grades a-f for them. People feed a variety of different food here. Some feed raw others do kibble. What kind of brands do you have available to you?

Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Ingredients are what you'll want to look at. I personally use 4Health from Tractor Supply Co. It's grain free. Acana and Orijen are really good brands but a little more pricy. The guide as I stated above has lots of different brands listed in it also and I believe have grades a-f for them. People feed a variety of different food here. Some feed raw others do kibble. What kind of brands do you have available to you?

We have:
lamb pro
alpo
optima(optimum)
vitality
natural balance
pedigree
breeder's choice
bow wow
holistic

That's all there is... But the local vet suggested i need to add some carbs to my pup's meal, because our climate here in the Philippines is much warmer and so the dogs burn more calories while moving and playing.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member

I think there's a few on here who use natural balance. And I think holistic isn't bad either. I haven't heard of the other brands though. You can look at the food rating chart and it can tell you how to rate the brands and pick out the best one

Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dirty Girl

1x Dog of the Month
BullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninja
BullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninjaBullyGal reputation ninja
If you have a local Tractor Supply Company, that's who sells the 4Health.

I am fond of the Medium crop, but if the vet is truly good they should be able to look at the dog and suggest what they think will work with the pup the best.

Multiple Dogs Does Not A Kennel Make
BullyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Just Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninja
Just Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninjaJust Tap Pits reputation ninja
I like the crop on that adult dog and would go with that size on the pup. I like a short crop.
Just Tap Pits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
my crazy little mutt pack

Aireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninja
Aireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninjaAireal reputation ninja
med to short is what I would do for a bully pup. The crop on the adult in the last pic looks good. Super cute puppy, can't wait to see more pics.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I notice people are alot less scary after being poked in the eye ~Bones
Aireal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I think there's a few on here who use natural balance. And I think holistic isn't bad either. I haven't heard of the other brands though. You can look at the food rating chart and it can tell you how to rate the brands and pick out the best one

Yeah I'd do that, I'm leaning towards vitality and lamb pro, might give holistic a consideration if it really gives a lot more than the 2 for the price. From what I understand, here in our country, the dog food could contain a little grain and it would actually help since our climate is pretty hot and it gives energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyGal View Post
If you have a local Tractor Supply Company, that's who sells the 4Health.

I am fond of the Medium crop, but if the vet is truly good they should be able to look at the dog and suggest what they think will work with the pup the best.
I'll see if we have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tap Pits View Post
I like the crop on that adult dog and would go with that size on the pup. I like a short crop.
DO you think this crop would look good on my pup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aireal View Post
med to short is what I would do for a bully pup. The crop on the adult in the last pic looks good. Super cute puppy, can't wait to see more pics.
I'll post more pics later, of him in the show.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have a side question, cus I can't seem to find an explanation with pics anywhere, what part of the ear is the bell when cropping? Can anyone pls post pics? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

New pics of puppy from the Dog Fashion Show:

By the way, his name really is Puppy. Unless someone else can suggest a better name. LOL
and he won "most adorable" award in this show.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

BullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninja
BullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninjaBullHeaded reputation ninja
I would name him Ted. He looks like a Ted to me. But then again, Im odd about some things.
BullHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement