Otto almost 6 months old. - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

GottilineOtto is an unknown quantity at this point
Otto almost 6 months old.

This is Otto at 6 months he is ukc registered but he has bully blood so you know how that goes. I'm planning to transfer his registry to abkc I'm just starting to get into showing him. What do you guys think of him?

Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1364756554.109542.jpg
Views: 14379
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1364756688.778224.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  96.2 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1364756713.608879.jpg
Views: 8783
Size:  100.7 KB

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
GottilineOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninja
Bosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninjaBosscobb reputation ninja
I think you have a broad nice looking young guy, he's a winner

Bosscobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

rgutierrezant@gmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Good looking pup

rgutierrezant@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks he's an excellent dog great temperament. What kind of workouts do you guys suggest at his age? I'm not trying to get him crazy buff but nicely defined if that makes sense.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscobb View Post
I think you have a broad nice looking young guy, he's a winner

Yes he's definitely turning out nice and broad he's starting to loose that puppy face though lol

Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

winwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice dog! I just have a question, do all bullies go through that stage where the rear end is higher than the withers? Cus my puppy is like that right now.
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't think they all do I read your post earlier have you had any luck posting pics?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

winwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottilineOtto View Post
I don't think they all do I read your post earlier have you had any luck posting pics?

You replied on my thread. I think after you posted this.
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Renzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninja
Renzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninjaRenzen reputation ninja
Please keep in mind this is just my personal opinion, I am not an ABKC judge or representative, but I'd like to think I'm at least decent at checking a dog's structure. =] I plan to show ABKC myself soon, and have a number of close friends that do show ABKC that I am learning from.

If you're showing ABKC you'll probably have the best luck showing him in the Classic Class. Are his eyes blue? It might just be the picture, but they look blue, and that's a fault in the show ring. As far as his rear goes, he may just be going through an uneven growth spurt. It'll also help to teach him how to stack properly, since he's not standing stacked in these pictures plus the angle it's hard to tell how his rear really looks. Back legs are cowhocked, but with proper stacking and training you can sometimes correct that. Pasterns look weak though, at least in these pictures. Tail might also be a bit long - still hard to tell with this angle. He also lacks significant cheek, but again, he might grow into that.

Overall, I think showing ABKC would be fun for the two of you, but I don't think he'd do that well in the ring. I don't think he's quite "Bully" enough for the ABKC and lacks breed type to win, and breed type is a super important thing in the ABKC.

But! I may be wrong, and if so I will happily eat my words! Either way, I wish you and Otto the best of luck. =]
Renzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
All puppies must be shown Standard until 12 months old and then they can be shown in their respective classes. He looks like he will be a Classic. As far as lacking breed type, he is a puppy and bully puppies change drastically.
This was my Classic CH at 6 months. He looked like a UKC APBT in this picture.

This is him now at 16 months

That being said I do see some issues with his front and rear assembly (judging by the front shot and looking at the rear as I won't make an assessment going off that that side shot as I don't know what you got going on with that stack over there lol) I've never put my hands on the dog nor seen good pictures of him so all I can say is take him to a show and see what a judge says. Good luck.

*If you can't take the heat don't annoy the dragon*
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps8b2f8c1f.jpg
pitbullmamanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement