Let me open by stating that I am a lover of all dogs, including the Pitt Bull. I do not buy in to the bad reputation they have been given due to some irresponsible people.
If you have the time and energy to exercise your Pitt Bull 30 to 60 minutes each day, I applaud you. My clients are people who are honest with themselves and admit that they cannot fully meet the exercise needs of their dogs. Many of them have rescued dogs, saving them from death or a less-than-ideal life. By hiring me, they provide a healthy, loving, happy home to their dogs. My client profile includes, but is not limited to:
1. Dog lovers who physically cannot meet their dogs exercise needs (e.g. elderly or disabled)
2. Dog lovers who have active families (both parents work and the kids are involved in sports or other types of after school activities)
3. Dog lovers who are busy working professionals whose jobs demand 40 to 80 hours a week, or travel, or have long commutes
All of them provide great homes to their dogs and should not be looked down on because they have the means to afford my services.
The treadmill is superior to other forms of doggie exercise. Below are just some of the benefits:
1. Dogs are not subjected to extreme temperatures (heat or cold)
2. Dogs have no chance to encountering road hazards like poisons, sickness, rotting food/garbage etc.
3. Dogs have no chance of becoming lost, injured or dead because their chase instinct took over and they got away from their owner
4. Dogs are not exposed to negative energy from non-dog owners or other dogs with temperament issues
I close by stating that many of you may have, or will, experience judgment from ill-informed people about the Pitt Bull breed. I plead with you, do not become like those people by being quick to pass judgment yourselves on dog owners who are trying to provide the best possible life for their dogs by hiring me.
Owner of Exercising Paws, LLC