Why do people say there's no such thing as a "bluenose" Apbt? - Page 2 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

           
   

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > General Pitbull Forums > General Discussion



GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Posts: 30

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac


There are currently users online.

Advertisements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
 

luvpits is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdogs View Post
No, it is not a myth. It is genetics. Blue is a dilution of black, though "blue" can appear in varying shades, as stated before.

Dilution of Dog Coat Colors
that link is referring to "Blue or charcoal grey" as being diluted black. Charcoal grey is indeed a diluted black because it's grey. But brown is not. Most blue amstaffs are not even close to charcoal grey, but they are considered blue. Some dogs seem more charcoal grey because of the white contrasting color, but they are not really grey, they are brown with a grey/blue tint as well.

And your link refers to various diluted combinations of colors.

Edit: and if you look at AKC standards, there is no such thing as "blue" nose, they only recognize blue coat color with black nose:
- http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/americ...shire-terrier/
- http://images.akc.org/pdf/breeds/sta...895.1466442751

Which means that every single amstaff that has a blue coat color, has a black nose too even if the color looks somewhat diluted. In other words, according to AKC and FCI, blue noses in registered blue amstaffs do not exist.

Last edited by luvpits; 06-27-2016 at 09:19 PM.
luvpits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bully Wrangler
 
Carriana's Avatar
 

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 2x Dog of the Month
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdogs View Post
It's impossible for a blue dog to have any kind of black pigment. Blue is a dilution of black. There are varying shades of blue, some of the darker ones maybe appearing black, but they are not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
I have seen FCI (AKC equivalent in Europe) registered blue amstaffs with noses that look, well, black. I've been looking for a registered blue amstaff for several months now and I have seen quite a few grown up blue amstaffs in real life. All of them have different shades of blue coat (ranging from not-so-dark-brown to dark brown or charcoal), but not all of them have a "blue" nose that looks any different from black. Those with a more brown coat quite often have what looks like a black nose to a naked eye.

The fact that blue is a dilution of black is a myth floating around the net. Most blue dogs are, in fact, brown with silver/blue tint. Their skin is blue, though. I guess that's what makes them "blue".
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
that link is referring to "Blue or charcoal grey" as being diluted black. Charcoal grey is indeed a diluted black because it's grey. But brown is not. Most blue amstaffs are not even close to charcoal grey, but they are considered blue. Some dogs seem more charcoal grey because of the white contrasting color, but they are not really grey, they are brown with a grey/blue tint as well.

Which means that every single amstaff that has a blue coat color, has a black nose too even if the color looks somewhat diluted. In other words, according to AKC and FCI, blue noses in registered blue amstaffs do not exist.
This is incorrect. Any time a dog is referred to as blue it is because it is genetically blue (or registered incorrectly). Chances are, those dogs with noses that appear black but registered as blue are actually just dark blue (as in dilute of black, which is the only accepted definition of blue). The brown or tan coated dogs you speak of I am guessing are fawns, and yes, they can and do have blue noses. In those cases they are referred to as "blue fawns".
__________________
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself-Josh Billings
Carriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
 

luvpits is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriana View Post


This is incorrect. Any time a dog is referred to as blue it is because it is genetically blue (or registered incorrectly). Chances are, those dogs with noses that appear black but registered as blue are actually just dark blue (as in dilute of black, which is the only accepted definition of blue). The brown or tan coated dogs you speak of I am guessing are fawns, and yes, they can and do have blue noses. In those cases they are referred to as "blue fawns".
Well, no, that's not what I'm referring to because brown cannot be a dilute black. Blue color in amstaffs is different form British Shorthair blue color (which is a dilute black). Blue fawn is a completely different color. Anyway, cheers
luvpits is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bully Wrangler
 
Carriana's Avatar
 

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 2x Dog of the Month
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
Well, no, that's not what I'm referring to because brown cannot be a dilute black. Blue color in amstaffs is different form British Shorthair blue color (which is a dilute black). Blue fawn is a completely different color. Anyway, cheers
It is entirely unclear what you're referring to then. What brown dogs? Are you talking about seal colored dogs?

Also, British shorthair is a cat breed...

Blue in amstaffs is absolutely a dilute of black.

http://www.doggenetics.co.uk/dilutes.html

"The dilution gene affects eumelanin (black and liver), although phaeomelanin (red) may be lightened as well. When a dog has two copies of the d allele, a black dog will become blue (aka slate) and a liver (chocolate) dog becomes isabella (aka lilac). A blue or isabella can have any coat pattern, but whatever they have, any black or liver in the coat will be turned to blue or isabella. It is genetically impossible for a blue dog to have any black in its coat, or for an isabella to have liver."
__________________
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself-Josh Billings

Last edited by Carriana; 06-28-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Carriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
 

Zack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdogs View Post
Do you have a pedigree for him?


No how do I get one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
BCdogs's Avatar
 

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
No how do I get one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Were the parents registered? If not, you can't. And if you don't have a pedigree, or know your dog's lineage, then he likely is not purebred and probably not a Pit Bull.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
3fetchers's Avatar
 

3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja
3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja3fetchers reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
there is a blue pit as in blue coat color, not bluenose pit as in nose color. In other words, APBT is a breed and blue & white is a coat color. Just like chocolate Labrador, not chocolate nose Labrador.
^^Good example.
I have a Labrador Retriever and she is considered a "black lab" however that is her color not her breed. If I was to show she isn't considered a black lab in a class, she is considered a Labrador Retriever.
I also have an American Pit Bull Terrier that is the color red (or tan). And same thing she is red in color, but that is not her breed. I do not have a "red nose" Pit bull. I have an American Pit Bull Terrier.
So I have a black dog and a red dog, but they are only considered what their breeds are.
The Bully and American Staffordshire Terriers have more blue lines so it is also likely it is mixed with one of those breeds along the way. A blue APBT isn't a normal coloring of the true breed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
3fetchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
 

luvpits is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriana View Post
It is entirely unclear what you're referring to then. What brown dogs? Are you talking about seal colored dogs?

Also, British shorthair is a cat breed...

Blue in amstaffs is absolutely a dilute of black.

Dog Coat Colour Genetics
No, blue amstaffs are brown with a grey tint. You obviously have not seen blue amstaffs in real life and you may want to consider not arguing unless you have some experience. Copy/pasting theory from random blogs is not an argument.

This is a true color of a registered blue amstaff:
- Screenshot by Lightshot

This is why bloggers call this color diluted black (same dog):
- Screenshot by Lightshot
- Screenshot by Lightshot

This is the picture of the same dog and you can clearly see she is brown with a grey tint:
- Screenshot by Lightshot
- Screenshot by Lightshot

Talk to reputable breeders with AKC registered blue amstaffs and they will confirm. Maybe there are some charcoal grey amstaffs, but I have not seen a registered amstaff with a charcoal grey color, only mutts. I'm not claiming they don't exist, but I'm yet to see one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVChD-I5_s
These are blue pits, depending on lighting they look greyish (0:40) or completely brown (0:54).
luvpits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
BCdogs's Avatar
 

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
I honestly don't even know how to respond now. We've posted proof already, the link I gave you was from an accredited university, you're just choosing to be hardheaded and ignore it because of your own opinion. Notice how you haven't posted anything except photos of dogs that are all, I may add, BLUE, a dilution of black. What you're not grasping it that just because there are different shades of blue, some having some tan tints in the light, does not make them genetically brown. And I don't think you should be making any assumptions about what people "obviously" have or haven't seen. You're just embarrassing yourself.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
 

luvpits is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdogs View Post
I honestly don't even know how to respond now. We've posted proof already, the link I gave you was from an accredited university, you're just choosing to be hardheaded and ignore it because of your own opinion. Notice how you haven't posted anything except photos of dogs that are all, I may add, BLUE, a dilution of black. What you're not grasping it that just because there are different shades of blue, some having some tan tints in the light, does not make them genetically brown. And I don't think you should be making any assumptions about what people "obviously" have or haven't seen. You're just embarrassing yourself.
And you're missing the point. Definition of blue in pitbulls is different from a generally acceptable definition of blue. You are the one who refuses to accept this fact based on some random online info that you found on some random blogs. Those are not tan tints, different shades of brown is the main color in all of those dogs. Blue is the tint. Go see real blue amstaffs with pedigree, then make claims. I'm done here.
luvpits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
BCdogs's Avatar
 

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
Once again, I did not share a blog post, I shared information on genetics from an accredited university. You've still yet to share any proof of your point besides pictures that prove mine.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Educate, Don't legislate
 
ames's Avatar
 

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
And you're missing the point. Definition of blue in pitbulls is different from a generally acceptable definition of blue. You are the one who refuses to accept this fact based on some random online info that you found on some random blogs. Those are not tan tints, different shades of brown is the main color in all of those dogs. Blue is the tint. Go see real blue amstaffs with pedigree, then make claims. I'm done here.

No, absolutely not. Stop giving misinformation. The dilution blue is the same as every other dog breed who throws blue dogs. It's not a special pit bull blue. It's not random information it called genetics. Blue is a dilution of black in every dog breed not just the apbt. Brown has nothing to do with blue/black. Sorry you're done here but I couldn't let the misinformation stand.
__________________
"There are two temptations to which people fall prey with dogs. The first is to think that biology counts for everything. The second is to think it counts for nothing"
- Tom Junod

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou


ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Diggin' Deep
 
::::COACH::::'s Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
And you can't just say a dog is mixed because of its head shape. Bahahaha! The blue pup the person posted is a mutt. He has no pedigree and true APBTs are not blue. If they are, they are mixed with Amstaff somewhere. This person has an adorable puppy! Most likely it's an American bully cross.

Blue is the dilution of black
Blue fawn is the dilution of regular fawn

The darkness of the dog can vary greatly. Some dilute dogs are very light and others are dark. Still dilutes though.
__________________
_____________________









"It's a nokalokapoopalotadoocanidragaleashalupus. It's a breed of mixed, strained money extorted
practically useless spin off of a once noble breed." --William Williamson
::::COACH:::: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
 

Zack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
No, blue amstaffs are brown with a grey tint. You obviously have not seen blue amstaffs in real life and you may want to consider not arguing unless you have some experience. Copy/pasting theory from random blogs is not an argument.



This is a true color of a registered blue amstaff:

- Screenshot by Lightshot



This is why bloggers call this color diluted black (same dog):

- Screenshot by Lightshot

- Screenshot by Lightshot



This is the picture of the same dog and you can clearly see she is brown with a grey tint:

- Screenshot by Lightshot

- Screenshot by Lightshot



Talk to reputable breeders with AKC registered blue amstaffs and they will confirm. Maybe there are some charcoal grey amstaffs, but I have not seen a registered amstaff with a charcoal grey color, only mutts. I'm not claiming they don't exist, but I'm yet to see one.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVChD-I5_s

These are blue pits, depending on lighting they look greyish (0:40) or completely brown (0:54).


Mine has no brown tint at all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
 

Zack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpits View Post
Because his head is not the right shape and the eyes are set differently, the smile, his look (pits have that "hunter" look)... I can't explain it, but if somebody simply showed me a picture of him, I would have never thought he could be a pitbull.



This is what a pitbull puppy looks like:











Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
apbt, bluenose, people, thing



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull