But he/ she came from horrible breeders I couldnt leave him ... is it helping ? - Page 4 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

           
   

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > General Pitbull Forums > General Discussion



GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Posts: 61

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac


There are currently users online.

Advertisements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
 
Trojanboi400's Avatar
 

Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Unhappy BSL will cull 4 U

IMO there are a lot of people out there that just want a pet and may feel a pit bull is for them. Whether they are right or wrong, I don't know but they will take the easiest route to get their "pet bull".......BYB. It's quick & cheaper. Most people wont do research so may not know the signs or questions to ask a breeder either good or bad. Example: I have a young troop that just purchased a "blue nose pit bull" (I know it's just color...roll with it) on craigslist. He lives in an apartment that doesn't allow pets over 25lbs. I asked him why did he get the dog he said, "I never had a dog and wanted one so I saw her & wanted her. He didn't ask about papers, temperament, or nothing....exchanged the cash, took the dog and left. He and his wife now are trying to find a new place because a neighbor dime'd them out to the management.

I believe if people didn't buy from BYB they would eventually move on to some other "hustle". Either way you look at it....BYB or shelter..dogs are going to lose their life. People have good intentions but may be doing more damage than good by acquiring sick dogs. That's why we need sites like this one to help educate. Ignorance is a disease & education is the antidote.

At the end of the day, regardless of 100% pure & papered or 50/50 mixed & unknown, stray or loose pet, the BSL doesn't care if it came from a reputable breeder, BYB or if it fell from the sky.... the BSL will "CULL" it if it resembles a "pit bull".

This is really a good topic.


Last edited by Trojanboi400; 11-10-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Trojanboi400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Educate, Don't legislate
 
ames's Avatar
 

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
ames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninjaames reputation ninja
Send a message via AIM to ames Send a message via Yahoo to ames Send a message via Skype™ to ames
People realize that some people spend money at a reputable breeder and then something happens (kid is now allergic, had to move, broke your back and can't walk and care for the dog) lots of "reasons" people feel excuse them from the commitment they made. Embarrassment is why they do not go back to the breeder. They promised and joked about how terrible some owners could be and they would NEVER do that, so they don't want to go back on their word, and drop at a shelter thinking it would not get back to the breeder.

My cousin works at a shelter and she has done the due diligence on some if she can to research the lines when she is supplied with and will contact the breeder herself and the breeder's have almost ALWAYS taken the dogs back, as they had said they would to begin with.

My point is, no matter what the ped, BYB, opps litter, tons of these pups are killed. I feel saving a dog is saving a dog. Some people suck, even ones who are cleared and felt would be a good home. You can't win the war, just each battle. And if one dog is saved and loved and not abused and the owner is responsible, I think its a great thing. No matter what the bloodline or history is or isn't... Your dog gets lost and is not chipped, he is just a pit bull type dog to the person who finds him, its not like he remembered to grab his papers before he got lost. I know that's not the question from the OP, but it seems like people have gotten into a non papered vs. papered fight instead of puppy mill vs. reputable breeder.
__________________
"There are two temptations to which people fall prey with dogs. The first is to think that biology counts for everything. The second is to think it counts for nothing"
- Tom Junod

“When you KNOW better you DO better.”
― Maya Angelou


ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
 
IzzosMommy's Avatar
 

IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post
People realize that some people spend money at a reputable breeder and then something happens (kid is now allergic, had to move, broke your back and can't walk and care for the dog) lots of "reasons" people feel excuse them from the commitment they made. Embarrassment is why they do not go back to the breeder. They promised and joked about how terrible some owners could be and they would NEVER do that, so they don't want to go back on their word, and drop at a shelter thinking it would not get back to the breeder.

My cousin works at a shelter and she has done the due diligence on some if she can to research the lines when she is supplied with and will contact the breeder herself and the breeder's have almost ALWAYS taken the dogs back, as they had said they would to begin with.

My point is, no matter what the ped, BYB, opps litter, tons of these pups are killed. I feel saving a dog is saving a dog. Some people suck, even ones who are cleared and felt would be a good home. You can't win the war, just each battle. And if one dog is saved and loved and not abused and the owner is responsible, I think its a great thing. No matter what the bloodline or history is or isn't... Your dog gets lost and is not chipped, he is just a pit bull type dog to the person who finds him, its not like he remembered to grab his papers before he got lost. I know that's not the question from the OP, but it seems like people have gotten into a non papered vs. papered fight instead of puppy mill vs. reputable breeder.
__________________
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."
IzzosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #49 (permalink)
 
IzzosMommy's Avatar
 

IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
For someone who has a lot to say about someone (me) you've hardly if ever spoken with before, you sure like to take things i say out of context and make them sound something they aren't.

Sadie is virtually saying the exact same thing i am in a different way. Funny how you agree with her yet constantly give me grief.

If you don't like what i have to say ignore my posts, easy enough isn't it?

But to comment on this particular post, i would rather "kill them all" than have every single dog out there go to thousands of homes where the people "taking care of them" have no clue how to handle ____ breed, ____ mix of breeds as well have little to no common sense.

But, did i say kill them all? No and you seem to be just picking my posts apart to your liking rather than taking time to understand them or have a mature, healthy debate here.

Got to love it..

Honestly I give you grief because of the way you state your opinion it comes of as rude .. you need to choose your words more appropriately instead of calling people fools and what not . Its rude and honestly no one wants to hear anyone's side of anything when they choose to debate like that .. I take it personally because I am a "sick" dog owner and I am no fool . I also used to work at a shelter and I know what happens in them and to the Cull dogs in them .. Ive seen alot of bad things , alot more then I have ever wished to see .. also being mature is not calling people names who do not agree with your side of things .. I didnt say anything negative about you until as you stated as a "whole" we are fools .. I wouldnt pick your post apart if there werent derogatory things in them that made me feel like I have to .. just because I havent spoken with you directly doesnt mean I cant see what you write on every thread and believe me there are alot of things I have wanted to say but havent until you started talking about something that I hold dear to my heart wheither you like it or not. maybe you dont see where im coming from maybe you do oh well .. like you said no harm done and things that are so personal get heated at times ..

And if you want to know why I can understand where sadie is coming from and not you .. its not that I dont get where you are coming from .. look at the way sadie was speaking to me and then you .. thats why I pick you apart .. thats why everytime I comment on anything you say its negative .. because you get what you put out and honestly all I ever see you say is negative things that can offend people and I dont think you realize it ..
__________________
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."

Last edited by IzzosMommy; 11-10-2011 at 12:28 AM.
IzzosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
 
angelbaby's Avatar
 
Tournaments Won: 1

1x peanuts place supporter 4x Dog of the Month
angelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninja
angelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninjaangelbaby reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to angelbaby Send a message via Skype™ to angelbaby
It was really never intended to be papers vs shelter , there are many byb and puppy milled dogs that dont have papers or have hung papers , it was more BYB/mills vs shelters or better yet why not to buy from a BYB and the consiquences{sp} it costs more puppys later on . This was more to bring the awareness to those just getting into this breed or just looking for there 1st dog. I know I made mistakes when buying my girl and think alot of those people out there probably are making the same. Hopefully this thread can bring some valid points to them on why to look for a good breeder and or a shelter and what they can do if along the way they run into one of these horrible places. I think there have been valid points though made in this thread on every aspect of getting a new dog whether shelter or breeder. What one persons view on a dog doesnt make or break that dog cause the next person may view it completely different , it was never to say a papered dog is worth more then a non papered one, in some eyes this may be true but to someone who loves there dog regardless it means nothing. I hope though thatthis does help someone who finds themselves in this situation and thinking well if I buy this poor pup it will save him and maybe think about all the valid reasons for not buying that pup as hard as it may be when you have the pup in your arms and looking in those sad eyes.
__________________
Pit bulls are..... Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices.""
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #51 (permalink)
 
Trojanboi400's Avatar
 

Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post
My point is, no matter what the ped, BYB, opps litter, tons of these pups are killed. I feel saving a dog is saving a dog. Some people suck, even ones who are cleared and felt would be a good home. You can't win the war, just each battle. And if one dog is saved and loved and not abused and the owner is responsible, I think its a great thing. No matter what the bloodline or history is or isn't... Your dog gets lost and is not chipped, he is just a pit bull type dog to the person who finds him, its not like he remembered to grab his papers before he got lost. I know that's not the question from the OP, but it seems like people have gotten into a non papered vs. papered fight instead of puppy mill vs. reputable breeder.

Let me give my on topic spill. IMO if you walk into the situation & the yard is not taken care of, you have 3 options. 1. Walk away 2. Buy a pup anyways because you really need a "pit" (sarcasm) or 3. Call the appropriate authorities.

I agree saving a dog is saving a dog but what about the rest of the litter? It's hard for me personally to take 1 & leave the other 6-10.

Some shelters actually do test & the spay/neuter where as a mill will not. Like mentioned earlier...it's a revolving circle. Take a pup from a mill, that's 1 more dog in the shelter that may be PTS. Adopt a shelter dog, that's 1 pup from a mill that may get dumped in the shelter & may not get adopted...then he to is PTS.

Bottom line if your heart is genuine for the dogs ....I commend you but having a dog with unknown history is a gamble redgardless where you got it from.
Trojanboi400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #52 (permalink)
Good with tools
 
redog's Avatar
 

3x Dog of the Month 2x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x dick in a box 2x Donated to get Indigo and Cree out of florida 2x Devonte\'s harness fund
redog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninja
redog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to redog
Ive done it and Ill do it again. Ive taken whole litters.....make no mistake abot the fact that I have always had plenty of resources to not only take care of the pups but to make sure that breeder never owns another animal legally for a long time. not to mention the finacial burden it puts on them for legal reasons.
it can make a difference but even then not every pup makes it to a home and family. I have to take full responsibilty right to their last breath. personally i would have put bob down by 6 months old but the family thought it was worth following thru and make him ours. I would never place that dog with anyone lol
this is a good thread Angel!
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts. this is good education!
__________________
Dave
redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #53 (permalink)
 

3x Dog of the Month
Sadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninja
Sadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog View Post
Ive done it and Ill do it again. Ive taken whole litters.....make no mistake abot the fact that I have always had plenty of resources to not only take care of the pups but to make sure that breeder never owns another animal legally for a long time. not to mention the finacial burden it puts on them for legal reasons.
it can make a difference but even then not every pup makes it to a home and family. I have to take full responsibilty right to their last breath. personally i would have put bob down by 6 months old but the family thought it was worth following thru and make him ours. I would never place that dog with anyone lol
this is a good thread Angel!


Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts. this is good education!
Dave you are like one in a million of the shelter/rescue guys that I would vouch for and say this guy does understand the breed and is not clueless or blind when adopting them out. I wish more shelter rescues groups were more educated about the breed to begin with instead of being more into the cause of rescue that they become blind sided to the breeds nature and place these dogs under false hopes or pretenses. Understanding breeds is very important wether your a pet owner or working within a shelter organization.

Last edited by Sadie; 11-10-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #54 (permalink)
Good with tools
 
redog's Avatar
 

3x Dog of the Month 2x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers 1x dick in a box 2x Donated to get Indigo and Cree out of florida 2x Devonte\'s harness fund
redog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninja
redog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninjaredog reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to redog
thats because i represent the dogs and not any shelter. give me a breed specific rescue anyday
__________________
Dave

Last edited by redog; 11-10-2011 at 01:31 AM.
redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
 
Firehazard's Avatar
 

Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
I started in rescue; first with wolves that were pets in Oklahoma, and then later to SPCA where I was certified in Euthanasia and as a Vet Tech. Opening day I had to euthanize 26 dogs a day ( I remember that number because it was the minimum; most places dont realize over population and parvo springs up from nowhere) So .. SPCA prevents that by having a dogs/cats day numbered. We also got goats, pigs, hawks from time to time but those are all easy saves.

The problem always lies with the accountability of people. .. ITS all a HUSTLE.. so to speak ... LOL

In the shelters, and rescue facilities you will have people who know better or not, lie about the breed of a dog because "this great lil dog can't be a pit bull, it must be a boxer mix" then they lable the american bulldog mix or boxer lab mix ; a "pit mix" ... I can go in almost any facility and see this. I know canines down to the "T" .. studied them my whole life along with other animals. It is a possiblity to know dogs and bloodlines so well you recognize the traits that make up a particular dog and or a family of dogs. PEOPLE.. get in the way of themselves.

For instance.. Am Bulldog comes in, bit someone, owners say "pit bulldog" on breed... ... "Bully" style APBTs bite someone its NOT a bully, its a "pitbull"

..

In order to save an endangered species, what steps does it take? Well the APBT is an endagered species (breed) and considered a rare breed. So why are scattered bred yard dogs all over the place called "pit bulls" and not bulldogs or bandogs in which they really are? Ignorance.. "we are all so proud knowing; what we don't really know" .. Meaning people know it all and dont appreciate advice in general without getting prideful, most usually. Ignorance.. If we can't accept the fact that each and everyone of us has been ignorant to the breed and done had to step up our game or get prideful and keep doing more of the same, because at one point or other: it happens to us all. The BYB's .. are where Tudors looked for dogs back in his day< MIND YOU: back then all the dogs had to have contested wins to be a American Pit Bull Terrier~ Thats how the DOG was made..

Whats that mean? It means all the dogs out there with American Pit Bull Terrier registration are really: bulldogs, and bandogs (depending on size and work) unless the dogs themselves are proven or right down from proven stock. Just because paper law changes DOESNT mean GENETICS does.

What really needs to happen is the GENERAL populous need a new name for the scattered bred and BYBred dogs; rather it be Bully, Bulldog, Bandog, or what ever. Politics doesnt change genetics and we dont have American Pit Bull Terriers unless they are down from [] stock. People should BE HAPPY! They can HONESTLY take all these dogs and simply call them Bulldogs, or even better curdog. Because most places arent going to say you can't have a cur dog; even after they google it. You would even be honest if you said you had a bandog (working mastiff) if you have an APBT of 80lbs or more. So once again, its PRIDE.. PEOPLE think they want an American Pit Bull Terrier~ But NO they don't; they want a bulldog, a bandog, a cur dog, or even an aggie (bulldog) ..

People need to do themselves, their dogs, our dogs, the APBT as a "breed", and our community a favor............... "Call a Spade a Spade" .. Keep it simple..

Cant find a house to live in with you unpapered unproven or C' class registered "pit bull" .. then be honest with yourselves and the dog, and finding a house or staying in one isn't the deboggle; it's rather or not "you" (general euphanism) can handle the fact that "you" DONT have an APBT and you do just have ONE good dog, rather that be a bulldog, bandog, cur dog, or what havya.

That will fix the problem... So the question really is do we and everyone else, want to swallow that rock in our throat we call pride, and realize that "pit bull" is a generic term that reffers to any athletic bulldog type or bullterrier type dog, and so we need to change that generic term in OUR lingo and thus accross the board.
__________________
Keep on Bulldoggin'...
The views expressed herein this post do not condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976"
http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display...ment_default=0

Last edited by Firehazard; 11-10-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Firehazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
 
Firehazard's Avatar
 

Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog View Post
thats because i represent the dogs and not any shelter. give me a breed specific rescue anyday
me too!, I alway represent the animals when working with resuce; not the politics or the organization.
__________________
Keep on Bulldoggin'...
The views expressed herein this post do not condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976"
http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display...ment_default=0
Firehazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #57 (permalink)
 
IzzosMommy's Avatar
 

IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
IzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninjaIzzosMommy reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
I started in rescue; first with wolves that were pets in Oklahoma, and then later to SPCA where I was certified in Euthanasia and as a Vet Tech. Opening day I had to euthanize 26 dogs a day ( I remember that number because it was the minimum; most places dont realize over population and parvo springs up from nowhere) So .. SPCA prevents that by having a dogs/cats day numbered. We also got goats, pigs, hawks from time to time but those are all easy saves.

The problem always lies with the accountability of people. .. ITS all a HUSTLE.. so to speak ... LOL

In the shelters, and rescue facilities you will have people who know better or not, lie about the breed of a dog because "this great lil dog can't be a pit bull, it must be a boxer mix" then they lable the american bulldog mix or boxer lab mix ; a "pit mix" ... I can go in almost any facility and see this. I know canines down to the "T" .. studied them my whole life along with other animals. It is a possiblity to know dogs and bloodlines so well you recognize the traits that make up a particular dog and or a family of dogs. PEOPLE.. get in the way of themselves.

For instance.. Am Bulldog comes in, bit someone, owners say "pit bulldog" on breed... ... "Bully" style APBTs bite someone its NOT a bully, its a "pitbull"

..

In order to save an endangered species, what steps does it take? Well the APBT is an endagered species (breed) and considered a rare breed. So why are scattered bred yard dogs all over the place called "pit bulls" and not bulldogs or bandogs in which they really are? Ignorance.. "we are all so proud knowing; what we don't really know" .. Meaning people know it all and dont appreciate advice in general without getting prideful, most usually. Ignorance.. If we can't accept the fact that each and everyone of us has been ignorant to the breed and done had to step up our game or get prideful and keep doing more of the same, because at one point or other: it happens to us all. The BYB's .. are where Tudors looked for dogs back in his day< MIND YOU: back then all the dogs had to have contested wins to be a American Pit Bull Terrier~ Thats how the DOG was made..

Whats that mean? It means all the dogs out there with American Pit Bull Terrier registration are really: bulldogs, and bandogs (depending on size and work) unless the dogs themselves are proven or right down from proven stock. Just because paper law changes DOESNT mean GENETICS does.

What really needs to happen is the GENERAL populous need a new name for the scattered bred and BYBred dogs; rather it be Bully, Bulldog, Bandog, or what ever. Politics doesnt change genetics and we dont have American Pit Bull Terriers unless they are down from [] stock. People should BE HAPPY! They can HONESTLY take all these dogs and simply call them Bulldogs, or even better curdog. Because most places arent going to say you can't have a cur dog; even after they google it. You would even be honest if you said you had a bandog (working mastiff) if you have an APBT of 80lbs or more. So once again, its PRIDE.. PEOPLE think they want an American Pit Bull Terrier~ But NO they don't; they want a bulldog, a bandog, a cur dog, or even an aggie (bulldog) ..

People need to do themselves, their dogs, our dogs, the APBT as a "breed", and our community a favor............... "Call a Spade a Spade" .. Keep it simple..

Cant find a house to live in with you unpapered unproven or C' class registered "pit bull" .. then be honest with yourselves and the dog, and finding a house or staying in one isn't the deboggle; it's rather or not "you" (general euphanism) can handle the fact that "you" DONT have an APBT and you do just have ONE good dog, rather that be a bulldog, bandog, cur dog, or what havya.

That will fix the problem... So the question really is do we and everyone else, want to swallow that rock in our throat we call pride, and realize that "pit bull" is a generic term that reffers to any athletic bulldog type or bullterrier type dog, and so we need to change that generic term in OUR lingo and thus accross the board.
Thank you =]
__________________
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."
IzzosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #58 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzosMommy View Post
Honestly I give you grief because of the way you state your opinion it comes of as rude .. you need to choose your words more appropriately instead of calling people fools and what not . Its rude and honestly no one wants to hear anyone's side of anything when they choose to debate like that .. I take it personally because I am a "sick" dog owner and I am no fool . I also used to work at a shelter and I know what happens in them and to the Cull dogs in them .. Ive seen alot of bad things , alot more then I have ever wished to see .. also being mature is not calling people names who do not agree with your side of things .. I didnt say anything negative about you until as you stated as a "whole" we are fools .. I wouldnt pick your post apart if there werent derogatory things in them that made me feel like I have to .. just because I havent spoken with you directly doesnt mean I cant see what you write on every thread and believe me there are alot of things I have wanted to say but havent until you started talking about something that I hold dear to my heart wheither you like it or not. maybe you dont see where im coming from maybe you do oh well .. like you said no harm done and things that are so personal get heated at times ..

And if you want to know why I can understand where sadie is coming from and not you .. its not that I dont get where you are coming from .. look at the way sadie was speaking to me and then you .. thats why I pick you apart .. thats why everytime I comment on anything you say its negative .. because you get what you put out and honestly all I ever see you say is negative things that can offend people and I dont think you realize it ..

Well all i got to say is your the only one right now making it something it doesn't have to be.. Look at who i'm calling a fool.. Because they are... Someone adopting (for instance) that has no clue about these dogs, believes its all in how you raise them, takes that dog to the dog park every week, turns out to start showing signs of HA but shrug it off because their "pitty was just grumpy" and ends up killing another dog at the park or attacking a person.. Those people are FOOLS and i don't care if that offends you or not. It is what it is and you cant cure stupid.

I'm blunt, to the point and i don't sugar coat things. I'm glad your rescue worked out for you and for me in the end i have no problem with you..In fact i don't recall really ever talking to you until this thread.. If you have a problem though with my posts just don't read em.

I see where you are coming from i just don't see a point in it, i'm not calling the "good ones" that adopt and do right, understand and willing to educate themselves fools or morons for adopting. Unless you want to group everyone as one that adopts that is.. Which i wouldn't.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
I started in rescue; first with wolves that were pets in Oklahoma, and then later to SPCA where I was certified in Euthanasia and as a Vet Tech. Opening day I had to euthanize 26 dogs a day ( I remember that number because it was the minimum; most places dont realize over population and parvo springs up from nowhere) So .. SPCA prevents that by having a dogs/cats day numbered. We also got goats, pigs, hawks from time to time but those are all easy saves.

The problem always lies with the accountability of people. .. ITS all a HUSTLE.. so to speak ... LOL

In the shelters, and rescue facilities you will have people who know better or not, lie about the breed of a dog because "this great lil dog can't be a pit bull, it must be a boxer mix" then they lable the american bulldog mix or boxer lab mix ; a "pit mix" ... I can go in almost any facility and see this. I know canines down to the "T" .. studied them my whole life along with other animals. It is a possiblity to know dogs and bloodlines so well you recognize the traits that make up a particular dog and or a family of dogs. PEOPLE.. get in the way of themselves.

For instance.. Am Bulldog comes in, bit someone, owners say "pit bulldog" on breed... ... "Bully" style APBTs bite someone its NOT a bully, its a "pitbull"

..

In order to save an endangered species, what steps does it take? Well the APBT is an endagered species (breed) and considered a rare breed. So why are scattered bred yard dogs all over the place called "pit bulls" and not bulldogs or bandogs in which they really are? Ignorance.. "we are all so proud knowing; what we don't really know" .. Meaning people know it all and dont appreciate advice in general without getting prideful, most usually. Ignorance.. If we can't accept the fact that each and everyone of us has been ignorant to the breed and done had to step up our game or get prideful and keep doing more of the same, because at one point or other: it happens to us all. The BYB's .. are where Tudors looked for dogs back in his day< MIND YOU: back then all the dogs had to have contested wins to be a American Pit Bull Terrier~ Thats how the DOG was made..

Whats that mean? It means all the dogs out there with American Pit Bull Terrier registration are really: bulldogs, and bandogs (depending on size and work) unless the dogs themselves are proven or right down from proven stock. Just because paper law changes DOESNT mean GENETICS does.

What really needs to happen is the GENERAL populous need a new name for the scattered bred and BYBred dogs; rather it be Bully, Bulldog, Bandog, or what ever. Politics doesnt change genetics and we dont have American Pit Bull Terriers unless they are down from [] stock. People should BE HAPPY! They can HONESTLY take all these dogs and simply call them Bulldogs, or even better curdog. Because most places arent going to say you can't have a cur dog; even after they google it. You would even be honest if you said you had a bandog (working mastiff) if you have an APBT of 80lbs or more. So once again, its PRIDE.. PEOPLE think they want an American Pit Bull Terrier~ But NO they don't; they want a bulldog, a bandog, a cur dog, or even an aggie (bulldog) ..

People need to do themselves, their dogs, our dogs, the APBT as a "breed", and our community a favor............... "Call a Spade a Spade" .. Keep it simple..

Cant find a house to live in with you unpapered unproven or C' class registered "pit bull" .. then be honest with yourselves and the dog, and finding a house or staying in one isn't the deboggle; it's rather or not "you" (general euphanism) can handle the fact that "you" DONT have an APBT and you do just have ONE good dog, rather that be a bulldog, bandog, cur dog, or what havya.

That will fix the problem... So the question really is do we and everyone else, want to swallow that rock in our throat we call pride, and realize that "pit bull" is a generic term that reffers to any athletic bulldog type or bullterrier type dog, and so we need to change that generic term in OUR lingo and thus accross the board.
Yep, need i say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
Dave you are like one in a million of the shelter/rescue guys that I would vouch for and say this guy does understand the breed and is not clueless or blind when adopting them out. I wish more shelter rescues groups were more educated about the breed to begin with instead of being more into the cause of rescue that they become blind sided to the breeds nature and place these dogs under false hopes or pretenses. Understanding breeds is very important wether your a pet owner or working within a shelter organization.
Exactly!! Redog is an exception and is far, FAR from the norm of those that do adopt. If everyone was like redog when it came to adopting/rescuing than the world wouldn't be so...
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton

Last edited by KMdogs; 11-10-2011 at 03:30 AM.
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
 
Trojanboi400's Avatar
 

Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Trojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninjaTrojanboi400 reputation ninja
Maybe this is for another thread but I feel that "breeding", whether BYB or pup mill, seems to be more of a Saturday afternoon hobby when, personally, I think it should be a profession right up there with vets, doctors, teachers, painters, etc. I guarantee you won't hear people talking about getting work done by a BYD(entist) or BYPlastic surgeon.
If you've ever been around somewhere & a person has a cute little "pit bull" puppy, the convo goes a little like this:

"Ohhh that's a cute lil rednose/bluenose pup. How old is he/she? Are you going to breed/stud her/him? They would make some cute pups."

IMO Breeders should have to be licensed & trained by some kind of tech school or something to produce & sell puppies of any breed.
Trojanboi400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
breeders, he or, helping, horrible, leave



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull