Originally Posted by mammapit
We have just adopted an 8 month old female (not fixed) in heat baby girl.We ARE getting her fixed as soon as possible, as I am not and don't want to be a Pit Breeder. She is timid, or maybe just anxious due to the adjustments. She doesn't leave my side in the yard, kind of low cowers when people approach but is getting better, will come when you talk to her, and overall seems to be adjusting well. I gave her a bath today (fleas) and it seemed to take her trust back in me a bit. On the other hand, she has rebounded since....
We have two boys and she is awesome with them. Also have a female pug and they are good so far as well. Because I have not had her as a puppy, should I be worried about:
1. the pug?
2. how shy/timid she is?
3. her clinginess to me outside?
4. Her change of behaviors due to circumstances?
1. Yes! Especially if the pug is of the same sex, and is an alpha. If the pug is submissive they may get along. Never feed them together, and don't let them play to rough. But as stated above, You can never trust an apbt
not to fight.
2. No, she will most likely come out of it.
3. No, again, she will come out of it.
4. No, absolutely not, she is adjusting.