Am I feeding Lexy enough? - Page 2 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

           
   

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > General Pitbull Forums > Health & Nutrition



GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Posts: 33

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac


There are currently users online.

Advertisements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
I am on my way to the pet store that offers champion brands I think I'm gonna try to Orijen puppy food . Doesn't that have chicken? No bumps on ears just bites herself a lot and I just found a little really hard bump on top of her head . Bug bite? Not sure =\ I think I'm gonna try a small bag of Orijen puppy food and see how she does on it
See if you can take a picture of the bump and post it, could be a bug bite or numerous other things. Only way to really get a more realistic answer is to see it. Granted, even then it may be hard to determine.

If you ever have any other questions feel free to PM or ask me, it is what i'm here for.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
The puppy food has chicken, the all life stages Orijen you can feed your puppy as well.. It is really up to you as to what you want to do, the puppy food has the highest amount of protein of i believe 40 - 42% depending on the regular or large breed.. Which you would want to do the regular not large.

Price wise don't be shocked, Orijen is one of the most expensive brands out there but also has some of the less mark ups per bag of any brand out there.. Which means you are paying mostly for the quality of ingredients used rather than distribution, advertisement, etc.. Which Orijen does little of by comparison to other companies whom spend millions each year on commercials, billboards and other means of advertising.

But because Orijen does offer some of the best (arguably the best) nutritional values for dry feed, you will be feeding less than you would with TOTW.. However, i would still start out by around a cup a day either way and see how it goes.. Add more or less depending on how your pup reacts.

Typically, these type of feeds are best for working animals (rich feeds) however in order to be as close to biologically appropriate as possible, the amount of meat needed in dry feeds and the way it is processed into kibble equals higher amounts of protein than single or 2 - 3 sources of meat.

I have actually started ordering my feed through Chewy as the prices are very reasonable, Regional Red is $86.99 for 29.7lbs. The last order was messed up through the labor day holiday and delayed, the only time i've had issues with them thus far after using them for about 5 orders now..

The customer service representatives had also got some mix ups when talking to them about delivery, as an apology the company is refunding my $87 from this past order and shipping me 2 bags of their 15.4 pound Regional Reds free of charge. I also received a personal email apologizing as well, the little things and the going out of their way to ensure satisfaction as far as im concerned is high for a company that size.

So check prices for both your area and online, if you need to order online i recommend Chewy, also free shipping over $49.

I usually like to promote and help local businesses however theres only one place in town that sells Orijen and they are high, the place i used to get my feed from i had to drive an hour away to get it.. With gas prices, looked else where.
Okay I just bought a trial size of the puppy not large breed since I remember reading they are medium breeds for 2.99. Gonna try it now just wanna make sure she's not allergic to chicken or anything. Should I do 50 Orijen and 50 TOTW pacific stream puppy? Dammit I forgot to check price of bigger bags! Was in a rush cuz Lexy had to pee hehe
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
Okay I just bought a trial size of the puppy not large breed since I remember reading they are medium breeds for 2.99. Gonna try it now just wanna make sure she's not allergic to chicken or anything. Should I do 50 Orijen and 50 TOTW pacific stream puppy? Dammit I forgot to check price of bigger bags! Was in a rush cuz Lexy had to pee hehe
Well it usually takes a few weeks to a few months for allergic reactions to happen if in the event she is allergic to chicken or any ingredient. The trial size wont be long enough to truly know anything.

As to switching over, the generalized accepted approach is 25% new 75% old for a few days, then 50 - 50, 75 - 25 then after 7 - 10 days you are on 100% new food.

However, all dogs are different and when switching from a lower quality to a higher quality, you can just do a "cold switch" even though most don't recommend it because it is less harsh on the digestive track and stomach..

However being that young, i would probably just do either the "recommended" methods or do 50 - 50 for a few days, 75 - 50 for a few days and by sunday 100% on Orijen.

Whatever your comfortable with really.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
Well it usually takes a few weeks to a few months for allergic reactions to happen if in the event she is allergic to chicken or any ingredient. The trial size wont be long enough to truly know anything.

As to switching over, the generalized accepted approach is 25% new 75% old for a few days, then 50 - 50, 75 - 25 then after 7 - 10 days you are on 100% new food.

However, all dogs are different and when switching from a lower quality to a higher quality, you can just do a "cold switch" even though most don't recommend it because it is less harsh on the digestive track and stomach..

However being that young, i would probably just do either the "recommended" methods or do 50 - 50 for a few days, 75 - 50 for a few days and by sunday 100% on Orijen.

Whatever your comfortable with really.
I figured if she cold switched from Authority? which the guy I got her from fed her to Iams the first night I got her (cuz Target was only place open) and then totw the day after and her stool was always firm no diarrhea at all, she can do the 50/50 so I did 1/3 cup of totw and lil less than 1/3 cup of the orijen now so I'll see how her stool is tonight. She gobbled it all down as usual lol. I guess I'll be returning the 15 lb totw puppy my mom bought (unopened). tysm for all the info! I had a feeling totw didn't have enough protein and that there could be something better for her out there besides raw!
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
I figured if she cold switched from Authority? which the guy I got her from fed her to Iams the first night I got her (cuz Target was only place open) and then totw the day after and her stool was always firm no diarrhea at all, she can do the 50/50 so I did 1/3 cup of totw and lil less than 1/3 cup of the orijen now so I'll see how her stool is tonight. She gobbled it all down as usual lol. I guess I'll be returning the 15 lb totw puppy my mom bought (unopened). tysm for all the info! I had a feeling totw didn't have enough protein and that there could be something better for her out there besides raw!
TOTW has enough protein, that isn't so much the issue as the quality of ingredients used. An excellent feed doesn't have to have 36%+ protein to be superior, most of Acana lines have 30 - 33%.

But i'm glad i could help. If the stool is loose give it a few days where your at, sometimes more sensitive dogs take a little longer on richer feeds to adjust and the stool to come out how it should.

Your mom had the right idea for food, just needed to do a little more research.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
TOTW has enough protein, that isn't so much the issue as the quality of ingredients used. An excellent feed doesn't have to have 36%+ protein to be superior, most of Acana lines have 30 - 33%.

But i'm glad i could help. If the stool is loose give it a few days where your at, sometimes more sensitive dogs take a little longer on richer feeds to adjust and the stool to come out how it should.

Your mom had the right idea for food, just needed to do a little more research.
oooh. I like how your pit looks I want my girl to be somewhere in those lines lean but nice and toned! Not too big but has muscles and stuff ^_^ Lexy just went poop about 5-6 minutes after she ate but might have been from earlier? I feed her at 5:30 am and 5:30 pm. It looked like how it usually looks. Lol my mom didn't choose the food I did because that's what my bf feeds his 9 yr old pit/rot mix but not the puppy formula xD So I asked my mom to buy that for me since it's cheaper near her house than where I live now. I'm glad I didn't stop researching I been doing research every day since I got Lexy on Aug 22 -_- I'm so in love with her one of the best decisions I have made!
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
 
performanceknls's Avatar
 

5x Dog of the Month
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
Helloo. I got Lexy exactly 2 weeks ago and I'm very new to the breed. I started feeding her 3 times a day, about 1/3 cup each meal. The last 4-5 days I changed to feeding her 2/3 cups 2 times a day, as recommended by a friend who is a vet tech. She is about 11 weeks old now. I weighed her yesterday and she is about 12.8 pounds. I have been feeding her totw pacific stream puppy formula. I've been doing a lot of research but it's still hard for me to decide if I am feeding her the right food and amount. Should I up the food? Or change the food to anything better for her? Like I said I am very new and tried to do all the research I can before posting this. Here are some pics of her I took yesterday!


I didn't have time to read the other posts so sorry if this is a repeat. I would feed a puppy that young a lot more than that. my pups at that age are eating about 1 cup twice a day, she looks like she could eat more too. You want a health pup not an obese pup but I like them a little thick as puppies. They need all that extra as they grow. Most of my adults eat 2 cups a day the same as the puppies and that's because the pups are growing. There will be a point probably where the puppy will not eat the full cup each feeding and that's ok too. Puppies will eat when they are hungry and most will stop when they are full. They go through stages where they eat more then less and all of that is normal. Unless they are sick don't try to add things to get a pup to eat again they will eat when they are hungry so skipping a meal is ok.
__________________
Custom K9 Performance Dog Training and Kennel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmamanatl View Post
I am a bitch who is never too busy to enjoy the misery of someone else,
performanceknls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by performanceknls View Post
I didn't have time to read the other posts so sorry if this is a repeat. I would feed a puppy that young a lot more than that. my pups at that age are eating about 1 cup twice a day, she looks like she could eat more too. You want a health pup not an obese pup but I like them a little thick as puppies. They need all that extra as they grow. Most of my adults eat 2 cups a day the same as the puppies and that's because the pups are growing. There will be a point probably where the puppy will not eat the full cup each feeding and that's ok too. Puppies will eat when they are hungry and most will stop when they are full. They go through stages where they eat more then less and all of that is normal. Unless they are sick don't try to add things to get a pup to eat again they will eat when they are hungry so skipping a meal is ok.
So you feed yours 1 cup 2x a day from puppies and as adults?
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Wow Orijen puppy is really high on protein!
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
 

Orenkoko is an unknown quantity at this point
High protein - Soft pu
Am I right ?


Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Orenkoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenkoko View Post
High protein - Soft pu
Am I right ?


Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
As long as it isn't bad for her or make her obese! I hope! =S
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
High protein doesn't equal soft stool, for instance on Orijen usually the stool can almost appear a little wet but is still a solid form. The stool will look healthy.

2 Cups a day wouldn't hurt anything like PK was saying but i'd just keep an eye on growth, with the feed your switching to you may not need to feed quite that much for the same result. If you want to feed 2 cups for a few weeks and see how it goes, if you feel you are feeding too much and your pup becomes a little butter ball cut back slightly, after all that butter ball will keep growing into her body.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
High protein doesn't equal soft stool, for instance on Orijen usually the stool can almost appear a little wet but is still a solid form. The stool will look healthy.

2 Cups a day wouldn't hurt anything like PK was saying but i'd just keep an eye on growth, with the feed your switching to you may not need to feed quite that much for the same result. If you want to feed 2 cups for a few weeks and see how it goes, if you feel you are feeding too much and your pup becomes a little butter ball cut back slightly, after all that butter ball will keep growing into her body.
Should she be drinker more water cuz of more protein? Last night I started doing 50/50 and again this morning. Her stool last night and this morning was normal maybe slightly but barely wetter. A bit less than usual too. Also she peed her bed last night lol. woke up to smelling her piss really strong from her crate and her body! I have been taking away her water an hour before bed, last night she kept looking for water before bed. She goes to bed by 9 So I take her water away at 8. Should I continue doing that? Maybe I'll try going all Orijen tomorrow morning. I'm still doing the 2/3 cup per meal 2x a day and will see the difference with all Orijen. Are 5:30 am and 5:30 pm good times? I have to do the 5:30 am one cuz dad goes to work and it wakes her up and she whines so I try to catch her before that happens.
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard
 
KMdogs's Avatar
 

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
Should she be drinker more water cuz of more protein? Last night I started doing 50/50 and again this morning. Her stool last night and this morning was normal maybe slightly but barely wetter. A bit less than usual too. Also she peed her bed last night lol. woke up to smelling her piss really strong from her crate and her body! I have been taking away her water an hour before bed, last night she kept looking for water before bed. She goes to bed by 9 So I take her water away at 8. Should I continue doing that? Maybe I'll try going all Orijen tomorrow morning. I'm still doing the 2/3 cup per meal 2x a day and will see the difference with all Orijen. Are 5:30 am and 5:30 pm good times? I have to do the 5:30 am one cuz dad goes to work and it wakes her up and she whines so I try to catch her before that happens.
Yes generally with higher protein diets you will need to up the water intake slightly, by how much will vary dog to dog.

Being sure you remove the water over night or while you are gone in the crate, will limit her having accidents in her crate. Also how big is the crate? It should only be enough room to sit, stand, turn around and lay down, any more room than that and the likely hood is increased as to the amount of accidents she will have.

Also be sure you take her out really well before you put her in bed, at that age any longer than 4 - 5 hours and shes really got to go, you'll need to adjust your schedule and availability for her for a while especially.. She doesn't have the strength to hold it when she has to go any where near as long as an adult dog.

The times are really up to you, as a pup you want to be as consistent as possible with feedings so whatever time works for you works for her.
__________________
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" - Cummings

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
 
Mikki's Avatar
 

Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Mikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninjaMikki reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMdogs View Post
Yes generally with higher protein diets you will need to up the water intake slightly, by how much will vary dog to dog.

Being sure you remove the water over night or while you are gone in the crate, will limit her having accidents in her crate. Also how big is the crate? It should only be enough room to sit, stand, turn around and lay down, any more room than that and the likely hood is increased as to the amount of accidents she will have.

Also be sure you take her out really well before you put her in bed, at that age any longer than 4 - 5 hours and shes really got to go, you'll need to adjust your schedule and availability for her for a while especially.. She doesn't have the strength to hold it when she has to go any where near as long as an adult dog.

The times are really up to you, as a pup you want to be as consistent as possible with feedings so whatever time works for you works for her.
Jeez so much water spilled out her bed -_- like as if she peed on it 5+ times!!!! lol. I used to have a bigger crate for her but I got a small one just big enough for her bed and to stand and turn and she still pees =/ Maybe I will stay up later with her. she usually starts going in her crate to sleep at 8:30ish but cries when I leave her at 9. So maybe I'll stay till 10-11. Her bottom tummy area was so wet this morning but I woke her up before she woke up. Maybe I'll take her water away 2 hrs before bed. I just wanna make sure she has enough water from all the protein I feel bad when she's looking for her water after I take it away before bed =[
Mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
feeding, lexy



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull